Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMS Ocean in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Jon

as pointed out - Ocean played a big part in stabilising Sierra Leone, a job which very much needed doing. Don't blame the ship for the mission - blame the guy who sends the ship - and the way he's going there won't be much of an RN soon anyhow.

In fact, that class of ship is one the Canadian Forces could do with, but we have to replace the 40 year old Hercules and Sea Kings first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Hagar wrote:
    Jon your first post was reported but I let it ride.
    If you have valid points to make please do so in a contructive manner.
    Pictures of red-haired leprechauns do little to advance your position.
    If it is your intention to spam this forum your next spammy post will be your last.

Hagar (Mode Mode ON);)

well worded man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Seen it depart today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Grimes wrote:
    any pics?

Nah,sorry only had small binoculars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I think indymedia have some pics of this ship and their 150member protest....pfh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Dose anybody know if there is anyway to tell when these ships are going to arrive before they arrive.Often go into town and there is a ship there but I never have my camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

zuma wrote:
    I think indymedia have some pics of this ship
    dscf0032.jpg
    dscf0058.jpg
    dscf0027.jpg

Love to have seen some decent shots, but meh, I wasn't there (was working).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Jon wrote:
    come on fella's get a conscience..

So because we disagree with you, we don't have consciences?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

cork1 wrote:
    Dose anybody know if there is anyway to tell when these ships are going to arrive before they arrive.Often go into town and there is a ship there but I never have my camera.

Same here. Or I'm busy with something else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

cork1 wrote:

Yes check out Here,its the Dublin Port website arrivals page it only lists the next 10 days but its better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

In response to Dub13 thanks but I'm living in cork do you know if u can do the same here?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

cork1 wrote:
    In response to Dub13 thanks but I'm living in cork do you know if u can do the same here?

Not sure but you should seriously think about moving to Dublin...;)

Advertisement