Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your Pride Weekend?

Options
  • 26-06-2006 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

What did you do? Where did you go? What did you think of the parade, atmosphere and anything else you would like to add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Meh. Had planned on heading, but once I got up as far as the Ha'penny bridge I was nearly deafened by the sound of whistles on O'Connell Street so I decided not to bother. I'm rated for maximum whistle tolerance of 15 seconds, it says so in a tattoo somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 grizi

I went up to see the parade, met a few friends and ended up holding a banner near the very front. Twas good craic though and it was a nice atmosphere afterwards behind the civic offices although the performances dragged on a little. Went to GUBU for a while after that too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Much the same as Grizi by the sound of it.
    Parade, Civic Offices, GUBU.

Had intended making a night of it with my laydee but the fates put paid to that. Not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Probably the most fun I've had at pride to date, was marching with the QueerID gang, then headed to the G around 6. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

In thought the parade was great. I didn't mind the whistles in the parade but the ones in the George bothered me a lot. Twas my first Pride to take part in and I was very impressed altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Even if it had more screaming bitches than a maternity ward? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Stark wrote:
    Even if it had more screaming bitches than a maternity ward? :)

Are you referring to the parade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Lunoma

Hehe! I was IN the parade! It was soooo fun!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I was in the parade also. It was so fun being on a float. It was my first pride festival.

"Belong To" are a really good gay group, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Fantastic!
    The parade was fab! It was quite surreal hearing Panti sing "we're here, and we are gay, we were born this way.." from a large float making its way down O' Connell St.

I went to the Civic Offices for a while whish was fun. Then on to the Flounge which was really full but the atmosphere was great. There was a giant queue outside the George so we went to the Dragon instead. Pity about the music @ Dragon, techno:eek:

It was great to see so many openly Gay people out and proud in the city centre!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

pugwall wrote:
    Fantastic!
    The parade was fab! It was quite surreal hearing Panti sing "we're here, and we are gay, we were born this way.." from a large float making its way down O' Connell St......
    Yes, that was that funny fella with the bright red hair on the BelongTo float. He kept saying "We're queer, we're here, we design everything you wear!" And I had to listen to as I was standing beside him on the float! Rather amusing! :D

Advertisement