Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wet Bed

• 26-06-2006 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regular poster, going unregged. Very embarrassing problem occurred last night, I wet the bed. I'm 22 and was staying over with my girlfriend. This is the first time it's ever happened in my adult life. She was so supportive and nice about it all. She made no issue of it whatsoever - Which made me feel a bit better about it, but still I wonder why this happened. It was very embarrassing and I dread that it might happen again. We stay together regularly so it's not a nervous thing. Any ideas as to what might cause this?

Ps I realise I'm very lucky to have her as I wouldn't have blamed her in the slightest for throwing a wobbly about it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey,
    I can imagine it was very embarrasing for you but you mentioned that you stay over a fair bit and it's never happened before. She obviously knows you don't do it often and if you've told her its the first time, I'm sure she won't get hung up on it. a few possibilities:
    were you drunk the night before?
    had you drunk loads of liquid anyway?
    did you go to the toilet before you went to bed?
    were you dreaming of swimming or something involving liquid?

you never know. Maybe she's into water sports and this is the start of a beautiful stage in your relationship... just a joke but don't dwell on the situation too much

That's why I can't explain it,
    No drink taken,
    No excess of liquid, (Pint of water with dinner)
    Yes I peed before going to bed,
    Don't remember my dream but why would that make you pee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Sometimes if you're stressed or troubled it can have an effect on the bladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I wouldn't worry about it too much, sounds like a one-off. If it had happened a few times I'd say go to the doctors, but as Wing Walker said - it could be down to stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

I hate to do this mate, but how exactly do you know it was you who pee'd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

last week I was having a dream, it was early morning nearly time to get up and I was taking this incredible piss, it was like real life, but in my dream I coped on that I was dreaming but was dreading waking up to find myself drenched, so I woke up and was delighted when I was still dry, phew, still was dying for a piss though,

dunno if this helps

@Funsterdelux - Wish that was me - unfortunately not.

@Drazhar - I know it was me cos I woke up because of it - and It couldn't have been her with the way we were lying.

I really hope it doesn't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

why would that make you pee!

If you dream about having a piss, your muscles can relax, and cause you to piss in real life. Iv'e heard about this before.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe she dipped your fingers in hot water to test that old theory? Might explain why she wasn't upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I had a similar experience when I was a teenager - I had a fever at the time and went into an extremely deep sleep for 14 hours, and when I woke there was a delightful surprise. It was a once off.

Perhaps have a little chat with your GP or community nurse about it to put your mind at rest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

OP.. Had you any alcohol on board by any chance??

xzanti wrote:
    OP.. Had you any alcohol on board by any chance??

Look at second post, No I didn't, that might be an explaination if I did, was a normal night, quiet, wasn't out, I really don't understand why it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

this is terrible advice but pretend you've got the a 24hr bug, just pretend, it will be easier for everyone :)

and address any worries etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Don't worry. I reckon that i've wet me and my girlfriend about 10 times. Sometimes when i'm really drunk it happens but don't let it bother you, laugh it off.

The same thing happened to me last year, I actually woke up mid-piss. Luckily I was alone at the time. Same thing, never happened me before and hasn't since. I was quite worried about it at the time as to why it happened because I wasn't ill/stressed and like you hadn't drank too much or anything.

Hasn't happened since so hope that helps put you at ease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

You could have ate something that made your bladder react or like something durietic you drank, or stress related or having a deep sleep. I have woken up from a dream that I was going to the toilet,and thankfully I woke up and it was dry but needless to say my bladder was full and bursting.

It could be factor of all that everyone had said. Try recall what you ate and drink at least 24 hours before. It could be just something you drank and ate.

If it's a once off and it dosn't happen much I wouldn't worry cus that will only be wasting time and more worry. It happened and you can't change it. if it happens again then I'd worry.

Cheers guys, At least i'm not the only one!! Probably was something I ate as we had a mix of stuff for dinner. Hopefully doesn't happen again. So glad she was ok with it, i panicked when i realised what was happening but she just relaxed me and sorted it all calm as you like.

Advertisement