Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a Re-Spray

Options
  • 26-06-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hey i need some advice.

I want to re-spray my car from Dark green to Black.
    Its an Opel Astra .. '02

Now i've heard that you can spray the outside easily enough
    But when you want the insides of the doors done all the doors and boot have to come off.

1. Is it worth it to do this?
    2. How much am i looking at?
    3. Recommend anywhere to get it done?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

1. Is it worth it to do this?
    Not really unless the car is getting a bodykit or major repair at the same time - the change of colour will not add to the value of the car and in some cases may even take from the value. The best advice I could give is to sell your car and buy one in the colour you want. You might break even or get a car with a better spec for not a lot of cash.

2. How much am i looking at?
    How long is a piece of string - anywhere from E1000 to E2500 depending on who does it, what paint they use and the standard of finish. I prepped my car by stripping, priming and rubbing it before bringing it to be painted and saved $$$

3. Recommend anywhere to get it done?
    Shop around in your local area - talk to mechanics you know and see who they recommend.

The doors and boot don't have to come off but they need to be stripped and masked carefully - it is best to get as much trim off as possible to minimise masking.

'cptr

Advertisement