Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question about retainers

Options
  • 26-06-2006 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

i was wondering did anyone know how long before a retainer could be put into an Anti-tragus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

i was wondering did anyone know how long before a retainer could be put into an Anti-tragus?

Professional opinion would be around 6 weeks. If I needed to do it, i'd do it whenever and to be honest it wouldn't do a whole lot of bad if you look after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Once it is properly healed I dont see a problem putting it in, however the hole will heal up quicker the sooner you throw in a retainer. So dont go long periods with no jewellery in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

try to keep the origional jewellery in for about 4 to 6 weeks before changing but if you must change sooner, do so but dont keep changing back and forth as that can cause trouble if the piercing is still trying to heal.

i can keep the jewlery for about 8 weeks, but then i would have to change it from 8 am - 4 pm or so before i can change it back...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

8 weeks should be sufficent, cant foresee a problem with that once its well looked after and well healed.

okay, thank you for your help :)

Advertisement