Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use WegLogic?

Options
  • 26-06-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey guys...

Anyone use WebLogic (version 8.1)?

I have a WAR file created from Eclipse, I want to see if I can take the WAR file and create a project from it in WebLogic and get it up and running using that IDE....

I was using Tomcat with Eclipse, how will this be affected once I get it into WebLogic?

Anyone know if this is possible? If so, any pointers would be appreciated...

Thanks guys...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TabulaRasa

You can use Eclipse to do the deployment in both environments (definitely in new Eclipse 3.2 + WTP) and I'd say that might be the best way to go. Create 2 different server runtimes one for each server type and then create 2 separate web projects one for each of the targeted servers. Put shared code and the like in a 3rd project and make the 2 web projects dependant on shared project.

If your WAR is just a collection of code and JSPs/Servlets you not have any problems at all, as there are standards covering what needs to be in an web archive. If on the other hand you have had to set up database connections using app server database pools or have done any configuration you may want to consult the manuals.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

TabulaRasa wrote:
    You can use Eclipse to do the deployment in both environments (definitely in new Eclipse 3.2 + WTP) and I'd say that might be the best way to go. Create 2 different server runtimes one for each server type and then create 2 separate web projects one for each of the targeted servers. Put shared code and the like in a 3rd project and make the 2 web projects dependant on shared project.

If your WAR is just a collection of code and JSPs/Servlets you not have any problems at all, as there are standards covering what needs to be in an web archive. If on the other hand you have had to set up database connections using app server database pools or have done any configuration you may want to consult the manuals.

T

Thanks...

You got any docs with detailed steps on the above? New to developing web apps like this, some more detail would be brilliant...

Advertisement