Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just out of interest (PHP related)

Options
  • 26-06-2006 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

how many people are competent at PHP on this forum?

Are you a PHP coder? 14 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well I know the basics (can read a php code and follow it but maybe not all the functions) but as yet have not code an extensive project in php. I think that classes me as competent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

yeah as long as you're learning and can do some things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I also voted yes. I've been doing it for a living for about five months now, never had any experience before that so I was in the deep end! Why do you ask OP?

I'm just wondering I've started doing it this year as well and I think its a really useful language.

sorry for double posting, but what do you all think of the PHP Manual? I think its dead handy and not many langs are that well documented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

I think it's handy, but sometimes, when I know there's a function or property in there that I want to find, it can be a bit difficult to figure out where to look at times... but yes, that manual's gotten me out of some tight spots on more than one occasion.

Advertisement