Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL Export Import Problem

Options
  • 26-06-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,

I am helping a friend of mine out with hosting. He has a local historical site using what looks to be a customised CMS which he had hosted with someone else but they can no longer host it for him.

I am moving the MySql Database from his old server to my hosting provider's server. The problem is that his old server is running MySQL version 4.1.18 and my hosting provider's server is only running 4.0.26.

When I export the database (using phpMyAdmin) I use compatibility mode 'mysql40', "Add DROP TABLE", "Add IF NOT EXISTS", "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value" and "Enclose table and field names with backquotes". I also use "complete inserts", "extended inserts" and "Use hexadecimal for binary fields".

When I import the database everything seems fine except the full article content does not display.

The database on the old server exports with the latin1 character set and the field that doesnt seem to be working is a blob field.

I am not sure what other information I can give but please ask.

Any help/advice is much appreciated,
    Noel.

/edit: its not giving any connection error messages, its just outputting nothing for that "body_text" blob field that is supposed to hold the full article. Its using SPAW for a WYSIWYG editor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Would it not be easier to update your version of mysql?

Failing that try exporting using the following options

SQL options
    Structure
    Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    Enclose table and field names with backquotes
    Date

and just export like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Ph3n0m wrote:

SQL options
    Structure
    Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    Date

Sorry, should have said my hosting provider's server - not my server. Will try your suggestion now.

One more thing I noticed is that on his phpMyAdmin is shows collation for each of the tables on his server as "latin1_swedish_ci" but doesnt on mine. Would this effect the output of the database? and if yes can I change the tables that are on my webspace to match?

Ph3n0m wrote:

SQL options
    Structure
    Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    Date

Still no go. It updated ok and the information seems to be in the database but for some reason the php page is not displaying the information. It seems to be just one field 'body_text' that it is not displaying. The exact same code it working on the other 'old' web server and everything is displaying correctly.

Realised it was because register globals was turned off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement