Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titan Quest (aka Diablo 3)

Options
  • 26-06-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody played this yet. The Demo is out and I think it's released this Friday (although some of us were lucky to get preview copies! :D ). It's excellent. Basically it's just an upgraded Diablo set in Ancient Greece, Egypt and Japan. At it's heart, it's a simple hack-'n-slash, left click on the ground you walk there, left click on an enemy you hit them etc.
    It's too adictive and considering I only stopped playing Diablo 2 again just a couple of weeks, this is exactly what I've been waiting for.

Has anyone else had a chance to play this or the demo?

edit: and I just found out it comes with it's own editor too. Thank god I don't have a life or I'd be losing something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Enjoyed the demo though the quests were a bit simplistic at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Started playing through the first few missions and liked what i've seen so far though the 6 player co-op through the whole game is what i'll be using most i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Diablo 3 you say? I must get this game, I just reinstalled Diablo 2 the other day, fantastic game! It's one of the best games you can play coop with. It'll be great if Titan Quest is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Was actually just thinking of reinstalling Diablo 2 today... looks like a quality litte slash-em-up game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Is this just another rare item collection simulator like Diablo 1 and 2?

Yeah, it's addictive, but when you get down to it, it's too easy and the core of the game is all about hoping to find good weapons during your hacking and slashing.

As for co-op, the way each person has to individually discover every part of the map kind of removes the best part of cooperation. Got sick of that very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

played the demo the other day and then promptly ordered it...cant wait to hack me way through the full game and have a look at that editor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

Myself and my friend are having a nightmare time trying to get multiplayer to work.

The tech support site suggests port forwarding and upgrading router firmware and even after doing that its obvious that their less than perfect software just does not want to work.

Great looking game but being honest the multiplayer is giving Ubisoft a run for their money :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Gave this a blast and was very disappointed tbh, the whole game didnt feel right at all, it was also quite buggy (sometimes the screen would go black except for underground areas, which I wasnt in and I had to navigate with the radar, which the enemies dont appear on) I was also getting CTD's fairly regularly, and unless Im mistaken theres no way to multi skill (spec 2 different trees, ie: earth and defence) and no way to turn the camera, please tell me Im wrong on these 2 though.

After playing Dungeon Siege2 Titan Quest paled in comparison imho, it just feels poorly finished and doesnt have me ocming back for more the way DS2 did, for the record I thought DS1 was the biggest pile of dung I have seen, DS2 just got it *right* which is why these hack'n'slash games tend to be very hit or miss, as the difference between a terrable game (DS1) a mid-rate game (TQ) and an excellent game (DS2, Diablo2) is very small compared to other genre's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I am not a big fan of this game but it's ok, passes the time :) Got answers to your problems though...
    Pugsley wrote:
    Gave this a blast and was very disappointed tbh, the whole game didnt feel right at all, it was also quite buggy (sometimes the screen would go black except for underground areas, which I wasnt in and I had to navigate with the radar, which the enemies dont appear on)
    These graphics problems seems to be due to textures and whatnot not loading properly. Lowering graphical settings seems to fix them or make them not occur as often.
    I was also getting CTD's fairly regularly, and unless Im mistaken theres no way to multi skill (spec 2 different trees, ie: earth and defence) and no way to turn the camera, please tell me Im wrong on these 2 though.
    You're given the option to spec down a 2nd skill tree at level 8. Don't know if you are allowed to go down a 3rd but my guess is no.
    After playing Dungeon Siege2 Titan Quest paled in comparison imho, it just feels poorly finished and doesnt have me ocming back for more the way DS2 did, for the record I thought DS1 was the biggest pile of dung I have seen, DS2 just got it *right* which is why these hack'n'slash games tend to be very hit or miss, as the difference between a terrable game (DS1) a mid-rate game (TQ) and an excellent game (DS2, Diablo2) is very small compared to other genre's.
    Graphics are pretty in TQ though :) Apart from that, it's just a "rare item collection simulator" like Balfa said.

Advertisement