Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad deal from o2

Options
  • 26-06-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Last february, I purchased a mobile upgrade on the speakeasy deal(motorola v360) and about 2 or 3 months later the earpiece started to malfunction. I returned it to where I bought itand they sent it off to be repaired. 5 to 10 working days later, it was returned to me in working order. The same problem is occuring now and I'm getting quite annoyed. I rang them back and the only thing they can do for me is that they'll send it off again and if it continues they will send it off to head office for another check. I simply want my money back or a new phone as I'm not getting the complete service I paid for. What are my rights here . Do you think I AM entitled to a new phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

At this stage you're not entitled to a new phone. Legally speaking anyway. If they fix it and it breaks down then you're in a stronger position to ask for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In general, the choice of repair/refund/replace is up to the seller. You have to give them a reasonable chance to redress your problem. Two repairs would be reasonable chance. Remember that since the goods were fine at the time of sale, and for a while afterwards, your rights are somewhat more limited.

Let them send the phone off a second time. If the same problem appears, then demand that they sort your problem out another way. At this point, you wouldn't be entitled to a new phone since it did work fine for a while, however they should make some reasonable chance for redress - a heavy discount on a new handset, or a certain amount of call credit for example.

Advertisement