Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

w810i once and 4 all

• 26-06-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

i need 2 know once and 4 all if the sony ericsson w810i is bein released on vodafone if so when and how much will it cost ready to go sorry 2 b a pain but need 2 know its kinda important

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

can any1 tell me plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ring Vodafone and ask them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

Have just spoken to a contact in Vodafone, told me they are no longer releasing the W810i, but will be instead releasing the V630i in July, don't know prices as yet.

r u sure its being released on vodafone ireland cause nobody seems 2 know 4 sure what their releasing sum say its gonna b w810i others say other phones like V630i

Meteor, according to their catalog, are getting it in. Not sure about any other network. Won't be as heavily branded as Vodafones, I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I was in meteor today getting my k750i sent off for repair. Overheard one of the guys there who was showing a customer the w810i say that it's exclusive to Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Would u be able to get it on 02 or sim-free? If not is there a way of unblocking the meteor phone to get 02 sims to work?

Yes, it's very easy to unlock Sony Ericssons.

Is the W810i available on Meteor now? How do you go about unlocking the phone?

I rang 3G today and they told me the W810 wont be out for 6-8 weeks+! Anyone know if this is just 3G? When will it be available on Meteor?

• Advertisement

It's not available yet. Ask in one of their stores or ring 1905.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Was in CPW yesterday looking into one of these...girl said they won't be out on meteor for a month or so yet, and she couldn't give me any sort of ballpark price.
    I ended up getting the k750i instead...bargain @ €49 I thought...get it flashed to w800 firmware and replace the housing. The w810 has a nice look, but I'm not sure if that's worth an extra €100+

The O2 shop I was in beforehand said they were doing it...on their lowest tarrif contract they wanted €369 :rolleyes:
    FFS I can buy it sim free for 30 quid less...

still cant find answer 2 this but voda r supposed 2 release phones this week hopefully theyll release the se w810i if not then i guess ill have to pick sumthing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Was in Vodafone & CPW on Grafton Street yesterday and they both had no idea when the w810 would be in stock by any network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

Today FM are giving away the W810i every morning this week on Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show. They said that the competition is sponsored by Vodafone so sounds like it will be coming out on Vodafone shortly...

i emailed voda twice in the last two weeks they never replied but was talkin 2 two voda shops and they say its supposed 2 b released but they dont know when

if i cant get se w810i what wud u guys recommend on vodafone id b thinkin nokia n70 but battery life is crap

Vodafone in Jervis St. said that they received an email from Head Office to say the w810 handset was delayed. The person said they thought the email said something about issues with the software on the phone and that Vodafone were holding off until this was rectified.

Nokia's N70 is quite bulky and the key pad is so small that you'd end up pressing 6 buttons at once. Not a phone for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

viking wrote:
    Vodafone in Jervis St. said that they received an email from Head Office to say the w810 handset was delayed. The person said they thought the email said something about issues with the software on the phone and that Vodafone were holding off until this was rectified.

Nokia's N70 is quite bulky and the key pad is so small that you'd end up pressing 6 buttons at once. Not a phone for me...

that info is wrong, we were due to get the w810i, but vodafone have now opted to scrap it and release the v630i purely cause its 3g. so the w810i wont be getting a release on vodafone unfortunatly:mad:

heres some info on the v630i http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_v630-1569.php

that info is wrong, we were due to get the w810i, but vodafone have now opted to scrap it and release the v630i purely cause its 3g. so the w810i wont be getting a release on vodafone unfortunatly:mad:

heres some info on the v630i http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_v630-1569.php
    So any information on when the v630i is going to be sold by vodafone?

• Advertisement

got email from voda said next se music fone gonna b v630i and k800i possibly in august

viking wrote:
    So any information on when the v630i is going to be sold by vodafone?

no info as of yett, im predicting its going to be late august/september release at this stage...

i was going to get a w810i sim free, but the k800i has caught my eye now... humm;)

I found the W810i on expanys.ie...is the phone sim-free? Will it work with an 02 sim card?
    http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=129336

AJ! wrote:
    I found the W810i on expanys.ie...is the phone sim-free? Will it work with an 02 sim card?
    http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=129336

yea aj, its sim free so it will take your o2 sim no probs. the only concern i would have is will o2 support it for sending mms and grps access??

I took these with a small 2.0 Megapixel Camera. Will the phones camera quality be as good as this or will it be a bit worse because it's a phone? Also, does the phone have a flash?

p10000205wh.th.jpgp10000222lj.th.jpgp10000245oj.th.jpg

These were taken with my Nokia 7610 which has a 1.3 Megapixel Camera. They were taken in the same car park and as you can see, the quality is nowhere near as good as the 2.0 MP camera.

image22397ar.th.jpgimage22354yy.th.jpgimage22389qc.th.jpgimage22369hf.th.jpg

So really I just want to know will the 2.0 camera on a phone be as good as a 2.0 camera?

its deffo going to be better than them pics u took on your 7610.
    check out the review on gsm arena they posted some sample pics http://www.gsmarena.com/review.php3?idReview=82&idPage=6

i have one on order so when i get it ill post a review...

Thanks for the link. The picture quality seems good.

When will you be getting the phone?

well i ordered today, should arrive within 3 workin days! its was a toss up between the k800, prefer the w810 for size

AJ, pictures depends on the lens, not just the amount of megapixels. For example, the 2.0 camera on the K750i is better than the one on the N70. I also had a Samsung 5.1 camera, and that took worse pics than the K750i! It was promptly returned and I got a Sony 5.1 camera and those pictures are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ok someones gonna have to ask, AJ wheres that carpark? some fantastic cars in those pics.

Advertisement