Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

w810i once and 4 all

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

skywalker wrote:
    Ok someones gonna have to ask, AJ wheres that carpark? some fantastic cars in those pics.

The Beacon Hotel in Sandyford Industrial Estate;)
    chrislad wrote:
    AJ, pictures depends on the lens, not just the amount of megapixels.

Does anyone know what the lens is like on the W810?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 krayZpaving

So how much is the W810i going to be on Meteor? All the UK operators offer it for free (or close enough) with a decent contract.
    I got an email from Vodafone today confirming they're not going to go with the W810i, but will release the v630i in August (they originally said July for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 krayZpaving

So how much is the W810i going to be on Meteor?

Anyone? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

AJ! wrote:
    The Beacon Hotel in Sandyford Industrial Estate;)

Does anyone know what the lens is like on the W810?
    those cars are for sale by des cullen suite 36 the beacon mall....drool

i have one on order so when i get it ill post a review...
    Did you get it yet? I'm really interested to hear what you think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

got mine great fone good camera 512mb card with it very handy nice sized screen keypad ok unless u got very big hands music quality good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

AJ! wrote:
    Did you get it yet? I'm really interested to hear what you think of it.

yea sorry, not had time to post up a review. arrived thursday. only gripe i have so far is the camera. im not impressed with the quality of the pics, i found them to be grainey! although i havent properly played around with it yett...

Angel2, do u really think the camera is good?? im comparing it to my 6680 (1.3mp) & i reckon the pic quality is better on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I saw a W810i in a shop on Georges street this evening. €430 sim free. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So how much is the W810i going to be on Meteor? All the UK operators offer it for free (or close enough) with a decent contract.
    I got an email from Vodafone today confirming they're not going to go with the W810i, but will release the v630i in August (they originally said July for it).

If I had to guess, I would say that the pricing would be very similar to the W800i currently on Meteor. The W800i is 349 on prepay, and 149/99 on bill pay (depending on tariff). I don't see it changing too much, and if it does, I'd say only about 20euro extra, tops. It's really just a re-skinned phone with some extra buttons and EDGE. Hardly a huge technological leap.

Considering the k750i is €29 or €49 is the extra worth it?

• Advertisement

i got mine €324 sim free i didnt think camera was great untell i changed settings macro feature nice still think its a lotta dosh has a few less flaws then earlier models

I'd say no (to getting a W810 ahead of a K750i) unless you a) plan to use the included headphones for music (They cost 50euro seperate) and b) have issues with joysticks. They are, essentially, the same phone.

I don't think the earphones are worth it regardless of what they cost.

Depends on how you feel about in ear headphones. If you can get over the weird echo feeling, they actually have great sound. Personally, I'm not big into them.

angel2 wrote:
    i didnt think camera was great untell i changed settings

macro feature nice
    Can you change the camera quality settings? On Nokias you can choose basic, medium or high quality for the camera. Is there something similar for the W810i?

What is the Macro feature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

chrislad wrote:
    I'd say no (to getting a W810 ahead of a K750i) unless you a) plan to use the included headphones for music (They cost 50euro seperate) and b) have issues with joysticks. They are, essentially, the same phone.

I got the k750i a few weeks back and was so pissed off with the poor headphones, I went hunting for the decent set on eBay....ended up getting a polycarbonate case and the hpm-70s in the w810i colour scheme for less than €20 delivered from hong kong...already had a 1gb MS duo. Flashed the firmware to w800i....basically a w810i wihout EDGE, >1gb support and an orange walkman logo for a fraction of the price.

theres normal or fine in camera settings macro is for very close photograghy

Turn on the camera, hit the Settings button, navigate to Picture Size and select Large 1632*1224.
    Normal and Fine settings are interpolation off/on...normal will give you a cleaner image at the higher resolution as far as I can see, fine will give you a better quality pic at a lower resolution.

Wertz wrote:
    I got the k750i a few weeks back and was so pissed off with the poor headphones, I went hunting for the decent set on eBay....ended up getting a polycarbonate case and the hpm-70s in the w810i colour scheme for less than €20 delivered from hong kong...already had a 1gb MS duo. Flashed the firmware to w800i....basically a w810i wihout EDGE, >1gb support and an orange walkman logo for a fraction of the price.

Does the K750i not support 1GB? The hpm-70 just look like the mdr ex71 to me. Which I don't like.

Oh it'll do 1gb no probs...can do 2gb but it slows down the interface a fair bit for some reason (probably firmware)

Yeah the hpm 70 is like the fontopias but the bundled hands-free doesn't have a 3.5mm jack so it was either buy an adapter for ~5 quid and loose out on the microphone for handsfree, or pay an extra tenner for quality sound.
    If I ever replace my lost shures, they'll plug into it too

• Advertisement

only gripe i have so far is the camera. im not impressed with the quality of the pics, i found them to be grainey! although i havent properly played around with it yett...

Angel2, do u really think the camera is good?? im comparing it to my 6680 (1.3mp) & i reckon the pic quality is better on that.

Do you think the quality is bad on the highest settings? Can anyone post any pictures they've taken on the highest settings?
    Wertz wrote:
    Turn on the camera, hit the Settings button, navigate to Picture Size and select Large 1632*1224.
    Normal and Fine settings are interpolation off/on...normal will give you a cleaner image at the higher resolution as far as I can see, fine will give you a better quality pic at a lower resolution.

Wertz wrote:
    Oh it'll do 1gb no probs...can do 2gb but it slows down the interface a fair bit for some reason (probably firmware)

Yeah the hpm 70 is like the fontopias but the bundled hands-free doesn't have a 3.5mm jack so it was either buy an adapter for ~5 quid and loose out on the microphone for handsfree, or pay an extra tenner for quality sound.
    If I ever replace my lost shures, they'll plug into it too

Didn't think about the handfree. Makes sense if you look at it like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

angel2 wrote:
    i got mine €324 sim free i didnt think camera was great untell i changed settings macro feature nice still think its a lotta dosh has a few less flaws then earlier models

Angel where did you buy it?The cheapest I found was expansys.ie €359.95.
    Anyone that has bought the phone do they think its worth the money or would they go with the w800i or another phone?

got mine at onedaymobile.ie only thing is the day i ordered it got a fonecall from them they need id either faxed or emailed 2 them 4 security but other than that service was fine and they charge €20 delivery as the use ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Scabba

w810i now available on Meteor. €129

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's eur129 on the highest billpay tariff Scabba. It is available though... I hear O2 are gonna have it in a few weeks too, wonder if Vodafone will follow or just skip to the k800i as rumoured.

Advertisement