Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting a song/Unsolicited songs

Options
  • 26-06-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any radio stations that would play unsolicited songs? Someone recorded a song I had written for me on CD but id love to get it played. Ive seen a few song writing competitions but they usually require 2 tracks on CD but I have only the 1 recorded so far!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Try email/ringing all the major radio stations or just send the CD to them. I've heard radio stations play songs from unsigned bands at night especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Believe it or not Larry Gogan is one of the best around for playing unsigned bands he always plays a couple of tracks from new bands every day - if you send it directly to him with a nice letter and as long as it's half decent he'll do his best fair play to him unlike the other gobsh1tes on mainstream national (and regional) radio stations who seem to get awards every year for contributions to the Irish music industry for playing U2 Thin Lizzy and Enya all shaggin' day.
    I was in a band for years and could never get played on the radio the day after we split I turned on Larry and there we were on the radio at prime time. Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

larry is a legend - he doesnt care who the music is by - if he likes it - he'll play it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infamousajay

Upload it (e.g. http://www.rapidshare.de (free)) so I can hear it? If it falls under the urban genre I know plenty of people :-)

Advertisement