Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afi

• 26-06-2006 5:23pm

Was never a "huge" fan of AFI but I just cant stand the way they are like half selling out to that emo ****e, like your mans hair and all that... ugh..

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Oh my god, his hair? ON NOES!!!111

Here do me a favour and answer me this, does this guy look emo to you?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sketch!
    AFI in haircut shocker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Was never a "huge" fan of AFI but I just cant stand the way they are like half selling out to that emo ****e, like your mans hair and all that... ugh..

Ever hear of The Misfits???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I liked the album The Art Of Drowning. That's about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Bit more punk than metal but yeah I hate the way Davey Havok is such a woman now (but as far as I know he's homosexual so that could explain it). I used to like them though but their new stuff sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I think they're brilliant. Decemberunderground as a whole grew on me quickly. Especially tracks like Affliction and Killing Lights. There's a cover of the NIN song 'Head Like A Hole' which shows a heavier side of AFI I quite like. In regard to their older stuff, Sing The Sorrow, The Art Of Drowning and Black Sails In The Sunset are all great albums. They're really differrent to their newer style but different isn't always bad. AFI right now aren't your everyday emo band, they've carried their own distinctive sound right through all their albums and EP's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

Ya, Miss Murder, Kiss and Control and The Killing Lights are pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

The Art Of Drowning is my favourite. But
    Decemberunderground is ok. They've gone a
    bit..commercial? Not sure if thats the right word but, meh?
    I do like 'Miss Murder' and 'Killing Lights' though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

And never forget, Emo pretty much started with these guys

dispimage.phtml?image=7986

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Dragan wrote:
    And never forget, Emo pretty much started with these guys

dispimage.phtml?image=7986
    Emo actually started back in the 80's. I still love Decemberunderground even though its a million miles away from their early stuff. My fav album has to be Shut your mouth and open your eyes, it still sounds angry as f***.:rolleyes:

Advertisement