Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things To Do in Cork for Aug Bank Holiday

Options
  • 26-06-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone know what 3 girls could do around cork for the August Bank Holiday. I have friends coming down and they are looking to do somthing around cork county or city. Has anyone any ideas? (other than the irsih drinking binge)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Jack_Bauer wrote:
    Does anyone know what 3 girls could do around cork for the August Bank Holiday. I have friends coming down and they are looking to do somthing around cork county or city. Has anyone any ideas? (other than the irsih drinking binge)

hmmmmm....

i have a great idea, and it doesn't involve binge drinking,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BIGALEIRE

learn to windsurf in oysterhaven by day and binge drink by night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Go to Fota Wildlife Park and play with the Lions. There's always loads of stuff on that you never hear of - try the what's on : www.whazon.com/cork/

When God forbade Adam from eating from the tree of knowledge, Adam had to eat the fruit to prove his freedom. If there is only one rule you cannot be free unless you break it.

i think you may have that a little a's ways...
    its the forbidden fruit from the serpents tree and the fish of knowledge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I never done nuffing.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

and proud of it he is too!!

enough of this distraction...
    back to the very important thread....3 girls looking for something to do in the Aug Weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

something to do is however most definitely not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

i think you may have that a little a's ways...
    its the forbidden fruit from the serpents tree and the fish of knowledge.

Spot the christian fundamentalist. ;)

I thought it was the tree of knowledge - wasn't the fish something to do with speaking all languages?

The point is that he wasn't supposed to eat from the tree.

Spot the christian fundamentalist. ;)

I thought it was the tree of knowledge - wasn't the fish something to do with speaking all languages?

The point is that he wasn't supposed to eat from the tree.

oh he ate from the bush/tree all right
    hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

woo!1 lucky me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

come out for my birthday!! It's the 31st July, but celebrating it the following Saturday night on the 5th, so boards beers/my birthday bash!!! Although that does include the binge drinking!! tee hee!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

My friends came down to visit recently for a weekend. I've only been here 2 months so I wasn't too sure how to make it a good weekend.
    Ended up they were fairly bored and went to the pub, sure they could have done that back home in Donegal.
    Though about getting the football out for a kick about but the only place I know of where we could do that is out by the Lee fields at the County Hall.
    Was up visiting a friend in Terenure one weekend and there was a huge public park with 5 pitches close to his house like there are on all the Dublin suburbs. Cork is lacking those sort of public facilities.
    I hear there is a good tour in Cork jail, probably not what you want to be doing during a Bank Holiday.
    If ye do have a car available for the weekend then Fota Wildlife park is worth a visit and I hear there are some lovely drives out in West Cork but I find those drives admiring the views quite boring.
    Ah well, yous will probably end up in the pub like we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Dizzyblabla, am I invited to your birthday party?

Tree wrote:
    something to do is however most definitely not you.
    disgusting, you have a filthy mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Kinsale is a good spot to hit during the August bank holiday weekend. I have been goin to Kinsale during the b/holiday for the last few years and it has always been great craic! Probably be there again this year. Its highly recommended. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

This article is still in it's infancy but there's some good info there:
    http://cityofcork.com/content/longoutandabout.php?artno=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

August Bank holiday lots of good free music happening at the Mitchelstown Music Festival, check it out here http://www.mitchelstownfest.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'll be there to see the Sultans meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

The Chalets would definitely be worth a look too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

If you have a car why don't you go west? Maybe hit Clonakilty first, then Drombeg Stone Circle, drive through Glandore, down to Baltimore, have pizza in la jolie brise or whatever it's called, head over to sherkin for a look or maybe drive on to Schull and from there head to Mizen head.

I'm sure you'd get a nice hostel down that side of the country. I generally don't find there's much to do in Cork really but if you have a nice day then west cork just can't be beaten for chilling out and relaxing, have nice food and a couple of beers.

You can also do lots of Watersports around Baltimore and Schull and there are lots of walks you can do. Maybe do Lough Hyne - it's not the worst of walks. (sp).

The jail is extremely interesting in Cork. I know there is also a skating rink in the north main street but not too sure if it's ice or not. Not really into the music scene so can't really recommend the Mitchelstown Festival.

If I think of anything else I'll post it!

Deer

its not ice, tis some sorta low friction stuff so you cant go very fast and hurt yourself. not been there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

What? A fake-ice skating rink? In cork? Where? How? All year round? I was hanging on for the fiasco that is Fota on ice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Last I heard Fota on Ice isn't happening any more, due to someone injuring themselves last time and the ensuing insurance hassles... The fake skating place is in the arcade on north main street afaik, the one a bit down from Le Cheile whose name I can't remember. (Helpful, eh?)

Advertisement