Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned With No Explanation Or Warning

Options
  • 26-06-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all its le-dub here,

I got banned today for no reason what so ever as far as i can see. I was simply defending myself after i was basically made to look the fool i thought. I have PM the moderator who banned me and twice and another, but still have received no message as to why i was banned with out warning. I was quite suprised that i was no banned before, but i thought i would get a warning first. I accept that i deserved to get banned and gald to see "GODFATHER69ER" was also banned. I simply defended myself and i was going to leave it at that until i checked the thread today and saw a message left for me:mad:

I can unserstand geting banned, but what about geting a warning or a explanation as to why i was banned? I would have thought i would get a warning before as its being going on for over a week and the mods could see this and could have put a stop to it, with a warning. I thought after sending a PM to the mods they would have the decency to reply and explain:confused:

I find it funny that all the mods can ban members without warning or a explanation to why, but there all on a power-trip i supose ( no offense MODS)

I was posting my comments under sport/cycling/ how to build a bike fropm scratch.

heres the link:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054947764
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Date of Ban Banned Tard Date of Ban Lift Reason Righteous Admin
    26-06-2006, 3:15 tony06 NEVER troll account Beruthiel
    26-06-2006, 2:09 le-dub NEVER Bringing evolution back ten steps seamus
    26-06-2006, 2:09 godfather69er NEVER Bringing evolution back ten steps seamus

Time for lock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tony06

26-06-2006, 2:09 le-dub NEVER Bringing evolution back ten steps seamus

Could you explain the above in a bit more detail please? i will then leave it rest and move on.

Thks for the reply

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I only read the first 4 posts of that thread and already I think the ban was well deserved.

Hhhhhmmmmm, still no explanation as to why. But i except it and will move on and behave in the furture.:)

thank you myth ( good to see your not in the "League of Bastards Table" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Starting retarded slagging about "my cock is bigger than yours" and then PMing people to arrange fights? You think that's all well and good?

haha, I never said to him once that my "cock was bigger then yours" or was your friendly way of friendly way putting it. We through insults at each other for a week and yeh i PM him to tell him to shut it and it was in the heat of the moment. He PM me twice looking for a fight:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Uhm....so he was site-banned and then signed up another account to get round that ban in order to say that he was banned for no reason, then go on to say that he can understand the ban, and then says that he'll behave in future?

:/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its an analogy. Literally it would be "my bike building ability is greater then your bike building ability" but really it stems from a male ego thing so the whole "c0ck" analogy isnt far off.

Secondly your first post read thus:
    I dont think you would need a website or a book on how to put together a oush bike, but maybe thats me When i was 19/20 i was always building bikes from scratch when i bought and i never had any hassle either when building them. I take it you know a bit about bikes, like how to fix brakes and gears etc? I have'nt actually done this myself in about 4 years, but i use like and often got neighbours knocking on my door at x-mas asking me to put together a bike for there kids. I use to then look out the window in the morning to check if they were safe or had falling arpart

I'd but a chea enough bike to start off with, that the only advice i would have, good luck though.

Could be concisely edited down to:

You dont need a website, well I dont cos I'm brilliant at building bikes, you should start with a cheap one, I have nothing further to add to this thread, indeed this post did nothing except retell anecdotes that are entertaining and interesting. To me.

Then you got nasty and got banned. What part of this wasnt clear?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Why is it that users never warn us that their going to do something stupid? A pm perhaps. It's so inconsiderate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

In all fairness, it didn't merit a lifetime site-wide ban. He got into a flame-war, it can happen anyone.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It doesn't happen to people who are smart enough not to rise to the bait of a flame.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It would appear from Myths post that this is a reborn troll.

DeV.

BMH wrote:
    In all fairness, it didn't merit a lifetime site-wide ban. He got into a flame-war, it can happen anyone.
    Flame-wars happen to anyone. Talk of "Oim gonna bash yore nut in" only happens to idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

seamus wrote:
    Flame-wars happen to anyone. Talk of "Oim gonna bash yore nut in" only happens to idiots.
    i'll bash your nuts in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, WWM spelt "i'll bash your nuts in" correctly, and so does not get banned. however, if he said something as per seamus' example, he would be banned.

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Crash, you should never use an exception to prove a rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Ireland has a long history of banning creative thinking.

Probably accounts for why so many people still go to live in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Anouilh wrote:

WTF? Can you read?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Anouilh wrote:

James Joyce, Oscar Wilde and Bram Stoker would tend to disagree.

Meanwhile, in reality...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Anouilh wrote:

really?
    care to point out were tony was 'creative' in his thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Irish tax exemption scheme for artists is probably THE worst cuplrit of banning creative thinking imo. People flee the country so that they can pay tax, it's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

New to these Boards, so am interested in how you all get on. Are many posters banned?

House style is important, so I was just interested to note that I couldn't find much offensive material in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Anouilh wrote:
    New to these Boards, so am interested in how you all get on. Are many posters banned?

House style is important, so I was just interested to note that I couldn't find much offensive material in this thread.
    The thread has since been cleaned up and the offending material removed as it wasn't very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

amp wrote:
    James Joyce, Oscar Wilde and Bram Stoker would tend to disagree.

Well, actually, "A Picture of Dorian Gray", an example of Wilde's creative thinking, was used against him in court. Granted, it wasn't in Ireland, but I think he wrote it here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 boards-suck

Beruthiel wrote:
    really?
    care to point out were tony was 'creative' in his thinking?

Your a F**king female and i wouldn't expect you to understand:mad: Everyone exchanges words everyday of the week, its freedom of speech. Who the F**K banned me NOW ? I tried logging in using tony06 and i get bannded for what? I didn;t use any threating behaviour and slag anyone off. All you Moderators are all on a ego trip, i see some the crap you all write and you get a way wtih.. I expect this username to be banned, but i couldn't care as im registered with loads of usernames:p :p:p

YOUR ALL A BUNCH A D**K-HEADS......

PS...no lanuage used here either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Go away.

I banned you. If you have a problem with that, take it up with my cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

appointment8bd.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement