Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any UCD Boardsies going to Oxegen?

Options
  • 26-06-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

Might sound like a random question but... June has really snuck on me far quicker than I'd expected, so I'm left with a dilemma.

(1) Offload Oxegen ticket (not preferred)
    OR
    (2) Actually getting around to finding people to camp with.

Given that I'm more open to doing (2) first, I was wondering if any UCD boardsies are in a similar way? I know it's a long shot and that straws are being severely clutched at, but you never know. Come on, everyone, let's do it for the shits and giggles...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Or if someone has a tkt to get rid of... I REALLY WANNA GO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There'll be a release of a further small amount of tickets soon, keep your eyes on the Oxegen boards and your ear to the ground. They did it last year too, but it's only about 5000, so you'll have to be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

well i do know.. i have a 6-man tent and only one mate is sharing it with me (out of a group of 16 or so..)

will you drink absinthe with us?
    are you cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I've already had my rant about this...work wont let me off :(

I will be home during that weekend though from saturday through to sunday evening so I might go for a while (free tix ftw!). Stupid working Sunday evening kinda ruins it. Nonetheless I live about 12 miles away so if any of you get whiffy you're welcome to drop by mine for a shower and Gav if you're really really stuck my mammy says 'you met him on the internet you say? sounds like a nice boy. tell him he can have the spare room'. Well, she didn't really, but if you were crazy stuck!

Enjoy yourselves anyway...*leaves in tears*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Umaro wrote:
    will you drink absinthe with us?
    Yes.
    Umaro wrote:
    are you cool?
    /me will not blow own trumpet and opens it up to the floor

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Don't offload anything in here SS, I don't mind you looking for people to go with, but if you want to sell it, try adverts.ie (although I'm not what sort of policies they have on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You can sell it in adverts for face value only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd say you could sell it on Ebay for a bit more :) ...teehee

Don't offload anything in here SS, I don't mind you looking for people to go with, but if you want to sell it, try adverts.ie (although I'm not what sort of policies they have on it).
    Nope, don't worry Hulla, I'm fully intent on going, it's purely for a somewhere-to-sleep sense I'm asking. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Im going and our group has many tents - oxegen "Little Laois" shanty town '06 is go! As for extra space I'm sure we have some if you really want to hear nothing but the flattest of midlands accents for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

singingstranger - I was thinking the same, have ticket and no where to sleep.

Suggest zap and ss buy cheap lidl stylee two man tent together and camp with the orangerooster laois brigade?

Suggestion seconded.

Guess you have no option now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'll third that. I have yet to meet zap, but my god Orangerooster is one of the funniest people I've met with a few beers in him :) You'll have a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'll third that. I have yet to meet zap, but my god Orangerooster is one of the funniest people I've met with a few beers in him :) You'll have a great time.

:D I loved that night in the snow outside the Porterhouse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I'm thinking of going but anyone selling tickets is selling them at rip-off prices. Great line-up though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

JustCoz wrote:
    I'm thinking of going but anyone selling tickets is selling them at rip-off prices. Great line-up though

Boards ticket forum

Oxegen ticket forum

Plenty for face value floating about. Disagree about the standard of the lineup though.

Why thank you Zane. You don't like the line-up? There's a few I don't like but it's good on the whole I think

Line ups as good as it ever is which isnt really that good at all. The Who might be interesting but I like old music anyways. As for zap and singingstranger buying a cheap lidl tent and pitching with us, my offer was serious and all. Ye're both more than welcome - should be a laugh.

/me puts ball in Zap's court

I will if you will, dude!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

put's ball back in ss court - it's up 2 u

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

ok women, ss said he would so he's made his decision and since zap said somewhat redundantly that it's up to ss ye will be sharing a tent though if there are any more decisions to be made neither of you will make it on time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

humbert wrote:
    ok women, ss said he would so he's made his decision and since zap said somewhat redundantly that it's up to ss ye will be sharing a tent though if there are any more decisions to be made neither of you will make it on time!!

Ah don't worry they know each other so its grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm going :D can't wait! it's a celebration of finishing college.. thesis is handed in as of yesterday.. so oxygen comes at just the right time!!

/me takes plunge

Count us in, I guess...

orangerooster, PM me your mobile and I'll talk to you about it.

PM with number sent.

Dunnes are currently selling tents, in case you're stuck you'll get one there.

Got a camping ticket today- woohoo! I bought a cool chair in dunnes for €8 but I've no tent, I figure I'll just sleep in the chair, just please don't rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

JustCoz wrote:
    Got a camping ticket today- woohoo! I bought a cool chair in dunnes for €8 but I've no tent, I figure I'll just sleep in the chair, just please don't rain!

Not a good idea obviously.

• Advertisement

Things that are obvious don't need to be said. Eh, obviously. :p

Advertisement