Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have Opop/Scotte wood pellet boiler

• 26-06-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

I am planning on installing an Opop or scotte boiler and wanted to see if anyone has one of these installed already and if so are there any issues/problems that may occur during installation or commissioning?

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Oh noes, not more wood pellet threads :eek:

Only kidding, check this thread out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054855460&highlight=Opop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Hi Delly,

I have checked out the other threads which deal more generally with wood pellet systems whereas in this thread I am looking for information specifically regarding the Opop \Scotte systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ShowAndGo

Hi,

I would also be interested in hearing from someone who has actually got one of these boiler installed. How long has it been installed? How has it been performing so far? Why they chose it over the other products available?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Busy_Builder

I have an opop. have fired it up a few times. loads of heat. seems a good job. building store now so hope to have it up and going fully next week. will inform them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

I have the Scotte running about 8 months now without any problems.

Lastbuilders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 potboiler

I have a scotte wood pellet boiler installed about the same time 2006. I would be most interested to find out how you are all doing now. I have been having a problem with corrosion: first my ash tray literally disintegrated unfortunately I did not get the message and now the lower pipe at the back is corroded and is leaking; I read on a another blog that the pellets can be corrosive has anyone any experience of how to stop this. Also do I have any come back on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭EHP

potboiler wrote: »
    I have a scotte wood pellet boiler installed about the same time 2006. I would be most interested to find out how you are all doing now. I have been having a problem with corrosion: first my ash tray literally disintegrated unfortunately I did not get the message and now the lower pipe at the back is corroded and is leaking; I read on a another blog that the pellets can be corrosive has anyone any experience of how to stop this. Also do I have any come back on this?

The boiler is most likely not plumbed using a proper return riser kit and therefore is creating condensation which is what is causing your issues you may also have issues with your chimney. All pellet boilers need to be set up in a way to prevent the return water from being less than 55deg unfortunately most weren't.

Advertisement