Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog watching TV...

Options
  • 26-06-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Do you pets watch TV?

Usually, at some point, your dog would take interest in the TV should there be another animal on the screen, or the sound of one, etc.

I've two dogs, one of them is like above, he looks and growls at the tv when he sees something but fast looses interest once the offending article disappears. But the other one, just sits and watches tv for ages....regardless of what is on.

Today she watched an entire news report and an episode of spongebob squarepants, just sitting down right in front of the tv staring at it.

You'd nearly swear she knew what was going on....she does this on a daily basis, watching the tv for anywhere up to 45 minutes at any one time!!

image6735xh.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Thats so funny!!!!:D She has that look of "WTF?" whilst watching Spongebob as im sure most adults do!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One of our cats does this quite often, usually when there are birds or other cats on the TV, but she also loves snooker for some reason :)

20030208221942rs8qt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Our three are definetely NOT interested in pictures. They might follow pictures of small, fast moving objects on the screen ...but as soon as the scene changes, interest is lost.
    Even noises don't get much reaction. The only time they show intense interest is when puppy or kennel noises are heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We had a cat that quite liked watching the tv, esp Spring Watch on BBC with Bill Oddie!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

possibly the dog is watching TV because you are?? Or in general it sees people watching TV and thinks this is normal so it just sits there..

Maybe it just likes moving images regardless of what they are... Going to need glasses im afraid :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Saruman wrote:
    possibly the dog is watching TV because you are?? Or in general it sees people watching TV and thinks this is normal so it just sits there..

Maybe it just likes moving images regardless of what they are... Going to need glasses im afraid :D

She watches it even when I'm - or anyone else are - in a different room! It's strange, but I suppose as you say it's probably just the moving pictures....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, cute! :D

My cat likes to watch football sometimes, it keeps him occupied for a while cos he paws at the ball as it passes around the screen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thats very cute:) Mine isnt too interested in it unless theres dogs or other animals on it. The tv is ignored most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

I used to have a cat who watched the Grand Prix!! She'd run around to the back of the TV when the cars disappeared around corners:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My cat does this sometimes - usually when it's other animals or if there's bagpipe music on! When he was a kitten I remember turning on the tv - he looked at the screen than ran around to look at the back of the tv! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

My own dog has a habit of singing along with certain performers from the Classical Music channel. And, for some bizarre reason, whenever he hears the theme for Home&Away. Although I'm sure the latter as actually just regular howling. A dog of taste, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

We used to have a border collie who used to get excited whenever there were sheep on tv. He would lunge from side to side around the tv like he was trying to round them up.

It's amazing how imprinted some instincts are in collies as he had never seen a real live sheep in his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My little terrier used to watch the football, now my kitten watches animal cops. (no joke) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Class fotos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I once had a cat who would sit on *top* of the tv, bent over the screen trying to catch anything that moved on the screen, 9 times out of ten he would fall ass-over-tit on the floor and wonder why he couldnt get thru the glass to take his revenge, twas hilarious :D

b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

My chinchillas love watching the telly. They'll sit for hours on end just staring at the screen, even if they're out of the cage and allowed free reign over all the other possibilities for entertainment. Occasionally they even get up on the sofa with the humans to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My own dog usually goes over to the sub-woofer and sniffs it, if there's animal noises from the TV.

If she hears a cat, she yelps, and runs to the back door, trying to get out.

Advertisement