Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S-Video to Scart

• 26-06-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I'm trying to get DVDs on my laptop to play on my TV over an S-Video cable. I have the cable running into a scart adapter. Picture comes up quite good, except for the fact that it's in black and white. I've messed around with the settings quite a bit but no luck so far. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Most likely your TV doesn't accept s-video over SCART (it only accepts composite). If your TV doesn't have a dedicated s-video input then it's unlikely (but by no means impossible) that it accepts s-video.

Some laptops come with an s-video to composite adapter - use this and then connect to the yellow pin in the SCART adapter or failing that buy one, they're quite cheap.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=28733&doy=26m6

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

That looks perfect, I just plug that adapter in between the S-Video cable and the scart? Thanks a million!

Advertisement