Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diy posting

Options
  • 26-06-2006 7:23pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After all the hassle here recently , I would like to keep posting , but i am unsure about the limitations of what I can post.

I would n't like to post something and get banned for it.

So can some one clarify the topics I can post on , and the areas I cant

kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from a site wide view, you cant post anything thats spam, advertising, or abusive.

from my own personal experience, i would ask that people dont post up things about an external company or contractor without giving a reason for the opinion.
    ie. i wouldnt touch x contracto coz he sucks.

thats not helpful.

however, if someone said they used x contractor, they didnt finish the job, and they over charged, then thats valid feedback.

glad you decided to stay.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Whitewashman,

That was a quick response, I am impressed.

Okay , I dont want to get banned , so what areas do i stay away from:confused:

kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Kadman your best bet would be to only post here what you would SAY outside boards.

I don't know how it is here, but I don't like people to post personal info about others because I personally have no way of knowing whether it is infact true
    or a defamatory rant.

Steer clear of personal insults, as far as I'm concerned if you have to resort to personal insults to win an argument.. then you've lost it!

I'm sure the boards charter would have a fairly good outline of what's allowed and whats not :)

Deb

Hi Debracd,

Given that this forum has only recently had a new moderator, how do I know that I have not committed a banning offence in all of my 1000+ previous posts.

I may have got away with something before...thinks its ok now, and bang ..then get myself banned. I have felt in the last few days , that there was a lynch mob out to get me.

kadman

I've been following this quite closely(verging on stalking at this stage;) ) Why may I ask did you step down from the Wood Work forum? Was it due to the problems here?

Deb

• Advertisement

Debracd wrote:
    I've been following this quite closely(verging on stalking at this stage;) ) Why may I ask did you step down from the Wood Work forum? Was it due to the problems here?

Deb

Well I suppose it has something to do with the problems here.

I,m not sure anyone knows what they are allowed to post now, or what will cause for concern for the mod here.

So i decided in fairness to Karltimber , and all the lads on the Woodcrafts Forum , that if my character is being tainted ,as i feel it has been, then its unfair to the lads over there to be connected to any thing that will cause that forum harm.

What with all the recent bannings, locked threads, defamation things , posted so called private pm's , ect going on here. I dont want a bannned mod to be connected with that forum.

So it was really for their benefit.

Hence my post here, i dont want to walk into the line of fire of some blood thirsty mod. So i would like to tread softly , as I enjoy posting on this forum.

kadman

Who posted your PMs???:eek: Must have missed that!!!

You're probably right though to tread lightly for a while.. I'm sure I'll be doing the same;)

Deb

Debracd wrote:
    Who posted your PMs???:eek: Must have missed that!!!

Deb

Sorry Deb.

Did I say posted my Pm,s, sorry typo error I,m afraid.

I suppose something like that could get into trouble , making statements that are untrue:eek:

Could I nave been banned for that:confused:

kadman

Well if you said I posted your PMs(not that I would I quite like hanging onto my assets lol) and I didn't.. I'd ban your butt! lol

Deb

But if you had banned me before I realised my mistake, where does that leave me.

Would I have a chance to sort it

kadman

• Advertisement

This is all hypothetical chat about bannings now Kadman.. this post could get sent to the sinbin as it's not directly DIY related :D

But yes.. I have an email address visable that you could harrass me on! lol

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

dont worry about it talk about diy and everything will be hunky dorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kadman wrote:
    Sorry Deb.

Did I say posted my Pm,s, sorry typo error I,m afraid.

I suppose something like that could get into trouble , making statements that are untrue:eek:

Could I nave been banned for that:confused:

kadman

dunno, i suppose it depends if you have a power tripping mod in the forum, doesnt it?

i guess you will just have to use common sense when youre posting, wont you?
    although, id just go by the charter.

now, wasnt that easy?

now that has been asnwered, and i see this thread is yourself whinging again, it can be locked.
    it serves no further purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement