Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 kittens looking for home

Options
  • 26-06-2006 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Have Two little kittens who are looking for a cosy home. are nearly 6 weeks, weening of mother cat (drinking cows milk/eating cat food). Ready to give away, co. Laois

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

6 weeks is really too early they should be at least 8 weeks old.

Where in Laois are you? Do you have a picture of the kittens are the handled a lot?? What colours & what sexes?

I am also in Laois & can try to help you rehome the kittens. Are you going to get your cat spayed?? It is the best & kindest thing you can do for your cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Bond-007 wrote:
    6 weeks is really too early they should be at least 8 weeks old.

yep, way too early. as Bond says at the very least 8 weeks.
    In two weeks or when they are properly weaned, please spay mom.
    Some pictures and an idea of their little personalities would probably help find them homes :)

Good idea to read this also -> http://www.kittenadoption.ie/kittenCare.htm

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

I agree with the previous posters. Wait a couple more weeks, if possible. We adopted our George at 6 weeks...not fully weaned, I'd say, because he tries to suckle off anything with fur including our MALE dog, Panda, and my fuzzy slippers!! And he's 5 months old!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bidi

Thanks for your advice! Booked flight to Austria for 4 weeks (where I am originally from) before kittens were born.Miscalulated, thought they would have been born earlier. Kittens used to be in the house until now. Have moved them outside in a rabbit hutch yesterday. They can go in and out that hutch but are safe and cosy, too when I'm gone. Had someone who wanted the two until yesterday, cant take them now. She would have picked them up in a couple of weeks. Just thought they might be better off in new homes than on their own with mummy cat. Guess you are right though, they are still a bit small.

anyway, are two female kittens, white with black patches, bit of red in it, too. have been handeled a lot, very used to human touch, even little childrens hands.

Will spay cat as soon as I'm back from Austria.

Would be very grateful to hear of somebody interested in taking one on. Could also send a picture of kitties. You can contact me at emailadress sibylkb@hotmail.com

PS. Bond 007. Living close to Ballylinan,Athy.

• Advertisement

If you have no luck homing them I will take them nearer to your holiday - I am in Errill near Rathdowney.

Hi Bond 007
    heading off this thurs already. but my husband will be back on the 11th of July, you could come down and pick them up then. Tried everything last nite, sending text messages to everybody but no luck. if you would like a picture of the two, send me your emailaddress and I could pass it on tomorrow. if it suits you in about 2 weeks time to pick them up drop me a line on my hotmail address, will give you directions and contact number. Would be very happy to know they found a home.

Hi Bidi send me some pictures please to email & I will see if we can find these little ones a loving home :)

Hi Bond 007,
    sent you some pictures to your email adress yesterday, hope you got them.

Will place adds in buy and sellin a few weeks time. We're keeping one kitten ourselves too and I really feel, 4 cats would be too much for us.

thanks for your help, very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

DEAR LORD DONT GIVE KITTENS COWS MILK ITS BAD FOR THEM!!!!!!!

go to the shop and buy the proper kitten milk please

• Advertisement
Advertisement