Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart or Eircom selling personal details?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 murrayj

It's seems like everyone who received the Lottery thing is a SMART customer?? Is this just a co-incidence?

I am an Eircom customer, never ex-directory, never removed from NDD, and I still didn't receive the Lottery mail!

Has anyone received the Lottery mail who is not a SMART customer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

murrayj wrote:
    It's seems like everyone who received the Lottery thing is a SMART customer?? Is this just a co-incidence?

I am an Eircom customer, never ex-directory, never removed from NDD, and I still didn't receive the Lottery mail!

Going by Sponge Bob's post it's more than plausible that even though it's smart customers that are affected the data may still have come from eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

murrayj wrote:

Did you bother to read the thread? IrishTLRs girlfriend isn't a customer of Smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Foxwood wrote:
    Did you bother to read the thread? IrishTLRs girlfriend isn't a customer of Smart.

Indeed. Thank you Foxwood. Balming Smart or Eircom from the start is a little premature. For one thing, our sample size is too small to say wth certainty.

As far as my girlfriend is concerned, she is not named on the Smart account OR the Eircom old account at our current address. For this reason alone I don't think Eircom or Smart are at fault here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

opus wrote:
    Cheers for that, I moved to Smart & see that my new number is back in the directory. Just wondering do I contact Smart or Eircom to get it removed?

Contact Smart. They'll change it at their end, then eircom will take forever to do anything with the updated data Smart sends over - as usual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement