Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horcruxes

Options
  • 26-06-2006 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Any idea folks regarding the horcruxes and where they are?
    Does anyone think there is one in the Slytherin house?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No. They already know what the horcrux to do with Slytherin is (the ring, wasn't it? My memory is a bit hazy. Time for a re-read!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Faith wrote:
    No. They already know what the horcrux to do with Slytherin is (the ring, wasn't it? My memory is a bit hazy. Time for a re-read!).

Yup the ring is slytherin, the cup/goblet is hufflepuff, am I right? The sword is gryffindor, can't remember name of other house cause i am drawing a blank LOL Isn't that the one the young Voldemort couldn't find??

Brain is fried!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

The other house is Ravenclaw :) Yes, in the book Dumbledore said that he was unaware of the existence of any Ravenclaw artefacts. That's not to say that doesn't exist though... So, altogether are there six horcruxes? As I recall, Voldemort wanted to split his soul into seven fragments, as it was the most magical number. I'm presuming that that would result in six horcruxes, with one soul fragment residing in his body... Or did he create seven horcruxes? Somebody help me! Here's my list:

The Diary
    Nagini
    The Ring
    The Locket
    Hufflepuff's Cup
    Something of Ravenclaw's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭alic

i have a thought which i cant explain very well but if voldy was once with the dementors then maybe the horcrux is in azkaban maybe because of the protection but JKR usually has a big build up to it so maybe not just a thought but i have read that other think that one of the horcruxes maybe that YO-YO the he robbed as a child one of his first trophies

Generally the horcruxes have a greater significance than being mere objects... let's not forget that the man liked his trophies! And judging from the sound of Azkaban, it's not exactly the kind of place where a big shiny cup belonging to Hufflepuff (for example) would go unnoticed! It is possible I suppose, but unlikely in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

t's not exactly the kind of place where a big shiny cup belonging to Hufflepuff (for example) would go unnoticed!

transfiguration maybe??

just a thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

so far what I can see is:

Nagini (maybe)
    The Cup
    The Locket
    The Ring
    The Diary
    Something of Griffindor's (maybe something in Godric's Hollow?)
    Something of Ravenclaw's
    Harry (maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I also think Harry himself may be one. JK is killing off two characters in book 7, so maby Harry has to die because as he lives he is a source of power for Voldemort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

You see this is why I like this thread, you guys come up with things that I would never think of:eek:

i believe that one of the horcruxes is definitely either the yo-yo or the silver thimble that voldemort steals as a child...

the reason... after harry's second 'lesson' with dumbledore... (end of chapter 13, The Secret Riddle)

Harry got to his feet. As he walked across the room, his eyes fell upon the little table on which Marvolo Gaunt's ring had rested last time, but the ring was no longer there.
    'Yes, Harry?' said Dumbledore, for Harry had come to a halt.
    'The ring's gone,' said Harry, looking around. 'But I thought you might have the mouth-organ or something.'
    Dumbledore beamed at him, peering over the top of his half-moon spectacles.
    'Very astute Harry, but the mouth organ was only ever a mouth-organ.'
    And on that enigmatic note he waved to Harry, who understood himself to be dismissed

• Advertisement

Yes, but by that logic, surely the thimble and the yo-yo were only ever just a thimble and a yo-yo too... What gives them any more significance than the mouth organ?

Yeah, exactly, odhran. The ring was no longer there because it was a horcrux that Dumbledore destroyed. The mouth organ (and ergo, the thimble and yo-yo) were never there because they were never of any importance.

okay... i've just re-read my post and after thinking about it some more i realise it was a tad silly...

the only thing that really struck me as odd was the fact that dumbledore says
    the mouth organ was only ever a mouth-organ
    which indicated that perhaps there was more to the other objects... after just finishing HBP again, i notice that virtually no mention is made of these objects later on...
    Something of Griffindor's (maybe something in Godric's Hollow?)
    i dont believe so, as dumbledore says that he is quite sure that the only surviving artefact of gryffindor's is quite safe (the sword)
    harry
    again, this makes absolutely no sense... on many levels...

also, there are only SIX horcruxes, as the seventh part of voldemort's soul has to reside in his body...

1. The Diary (destroyed)
    2. The Ring (destroyed)
    3. The Locket (missing, possibly destroyed)
    4. Hufflepuff's Cup
    5. Something of Ravenclaw's
    6. Nagini
    7. Voldemort

I think it's highly unlikely that Harry is a horcrux, but Nagini being one is only speculation on Dumbledore's part. It's possible he's wrong. (Horrors!)

okay... i've just re-read my post and after thinking about it some more i realise it was a tad silly...

the only thing that really struck me as odd was the fact that dumbledore says which indicated that perhaps there was more to the other objects... after just finishing HBP again, i notice that virtually no mention is made of these objects later on...

i dont believe so, as dumbledore says that he is quite sure that the only surviving artefact of gryffindor's is quite safe (the sword)

again, this makes absolutely no sense... on many levels...

also, there are only SIX horcruxes, as the seventh part of voldemort's soul has to reside in his body...

1. The Diary (destroyed)
    2. The Ring (destroyed)
    3. The Locket (missing, possibly destroyed)
    4. Hufflepuff's Cup
    5. Something of Ravenclaw's
    6. Nagini
    7. Voldemort

The Locket is in Black's house, they found it while cleaning in OOTP and couldn't open it.

I doubt it is Nagini, it doesn't fit in with the other Horcruxes, I mean if the Horcrux was a snake, then surely it was the Basilisk in the Chamber Of Secrets

The Locket is in Black's house, they found it while cleaning in OOTP and couldn't open it.

I doubt it is Nagini, it doesn't fit in with the other Horcruxes, I mean if the Horcrux was a snake, then surely it was the Basilisk in the Chamber Of Secrets

hmmm... must read OOTP again and check up on that part... intriguing indeed...

as for nagini... i think it could be one of them... as dumbledore says that voldemort seems to have unnatural control over the snake, even for a parselmouth... which would go with the theory of there being a part of voldemort in nagini...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sinduff

I think that Salazar Slytherin put the Basilisk in the Chamber....Voldemort just knew how to call it.

Also dont think Harry is a Horcrux as Voldemort couldnt touch him until the end of book 4...remember the battle in the Ministry of Magic!

As for the yo-yo, thimble et al, didnt Dumbledore make the young Tom Riddle give them back when he came to the home?

I think the location of the missing Horcurx can be found in V's previous crimes, it may even be hidden somewhere in Hogwarts.

I never said Voldemort put the Basilisk in the chamber. but it is quite possibe the Basilisk was a horcrux.

reason: we know nothing of Nagini before book 4, which says to me Voldemort got himself a new snake after the slaying of the Basilisk.

Advertisement