Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft ballet shoes

• 26-06-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Could dancers recommend a particular brand of soft ballet shoes? Recently I've only been able to find So'Danca shoes in Dublin and they tend to bulk up and look unflattering when I point, no matter what style they are, and a smaller size probably wouldn't fit. My teacher and other students dislike them as well. I'll probably order from Dance Direct, but I'd like some brand recommendations before I do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

yeah i had that problem too! and they're not real leather anymore, so they're not lasting as long. haven't found an alternative yet, but was considering ordering them or getting canvas ones, but i've still only been seeing so danca ones, so they might be the same.
    i'll keep you posted in my search though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

They have Bloch & Sansha here, so I might just have to take the plunge and hope that they fit nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

ooh. the bloch ones look nice. if you do order them, post back here with results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Bloch are nice looking and so comfortable - I definitely recommend them for classwork. Only thing is the colour - I found the pink too "pinky" and I found the flesh colour way too dark of a brown to the extent where I didn't touch them. But for class work, I'm sure the pink is fine.

Sansha are also another nice make. They don't last long with me though. But I do like the shape and they make your feet look so good- they enhance your arches if like me, you don't have any :rolleyes:, but if you do have nice arches, they show them off so well and give them gorgeous lines. Perfect for performances!

Both shoes I've mentioned are canvas.

We are all different though so the choice is yours! Let us know how ya get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Thank god! I've been roaming around the internet trying to find Ballet shoes that don't 'bulk up'. Those Bloch ones do look nice:D I know this is stupid but by any chance do Sansha have even the tinyest bit of arch support. Because even though I have them my right tends to fall...alot, it hurts like hell to dance on it with no support!

• Advertisement
Advertisement