Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[EL] Tonights games

• 26-06-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Drogheda United 1-1 Dublin City 7.45
    O'Brien 62 Brennan 79

Sligo Rovers 3-1 Derry City 7.45
    McTiernan 7, 67 McLynn s/o 20
    Foy 58 Brennan 45

UCD 2-1 Waterford Utd 7.45
    Kavanagh 74 McCarthy 9
    Shorthall 79

Happy days Cork?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Rovers 3-1 Derry

Easy!:D

and Pat McCourt tore his halmstring(on a sadder note):(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KdjaC wrote:
    Happy days Cork?

They're not the only one. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Good news for Shels and Cork. Does anyone know if Drogs went 2-1 in injury time or was it CHF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Huge few days for City, playing Bohs tomorrow, and UCD on friday. 6 points will set us up nicely. As long as City take at least 4 points, Ill be happy, but both games will be tricky in their own right.

Citys record in Dalymount is amazing in recent years, winning 8 out of 8 if Im not mistaken, and 100% at home in the league, but everything must come to an end, and what better side to draw out an awful draw, or a poxy win in the Cross than the Student Menace.

Methinks Drogs are being found out for the poor team they are, never thought I would be happy to see CHF get a point.

Someone said happy days Shels also, but to cliché, games in hand are worthless unless put to good use, it s all about points in the bag.

Crisis club? Your having a laugh (though the smile will be on the other side of my face should city lose their next 2!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

mchurl wrote:
    Good news for Shels and Cork. Does anyone know if Drogs went 2-1 in injury time or was it CHF?

Drogheda equalised in injury time according to http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p225.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We'll see how happy they are later on this evening! Cork away to Bohs, with their terrible away form, against, well, Bohemians terrible form. Shels at home to Pats will be a big game - 3 points for Shels here and well, I'll be loving it! That'd put us on 28, with a game in hand. Hope Bohs actually beat Cork tonight, wouldn't mind being top with a game in hand! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Hope Bohs actually beat Cork tonight, wouldn't mind being top with a game in hand! ;)
    Hope is about all we've got. I think a draw would be amazing.
    Usually, you would expect a team in freefall to DO SOMETHING, but what's the betting that Farrelly starts Grant again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Great result for Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

TUESDAY 27 JUNE
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians -v- Cork City 7.45
    Dalymount Park
    Longford Town -v- Bray Wands 7.45
    Flancare Park
    Shelbourne -v- St Pat's Ath 7.45
    Tolka Park

Dunno why as its not a footballing reason i think Bohs will will get a result with Cork, Shels to win by 2 or 3 (without Mulcahy we buggered) :( Bray to play longford in a game.

kdjac

0-0 in Dalymount. Bohs goal disallowed for offside early on. George sent off for 2 yellows. We still on top though, just about Im told.

Shels 2 - 0 Pats. Colm Foely is having a mare in his return after about a year.

• Advertisement

Finished 0-0 in Dalymount. Not bad considering most of the game played with 10 men. City had their chances, but got nothing. Great oppurtunity to impose ourselves in top spot blown :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Have to say it was a massive mistake by Rico to leave Danny Murphy on the bench and Billy Woods up against John Paul Kelly, who proceeded to make or defence appear like wet tissue paper.

George O'Callaghan deserved a booking for the 2nd challenge but the 1st one was a good challenge as far as I could see. Still George should have known better.

Bohs had 3 great chaces to score in the 1st half but when City went down to 10 men they rearly made any chances.

Overall I'd take the result and if we beat UCD on Friday it will be a good few days.

Shels look like our chief rivals again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels look like our chief rivals again!
    It's nice to see us back on top of the table, especially with the game in hand too.

If we can hang onto our players and keep them happy and paid, we have a very strong chance of reclaiming the title from it's hiatus on Leeside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Rhubarb! Rhubarb! Rhubarb! Rhubarb! Rhubarb! Rhubarb! Rhubarb! Rhubarb!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

im just happy we got a point!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

1-0 Longford, and the only shining light as of late scored the winner. Dave Mooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Great performance from Shels last night, 3 good goals, and a few shots off the bar. Barry Ryan was outstanding, barring his form it could have been pushing double figures!

Pats were one of the, if not the, best teams we've played this year (away in Richmond, 2-2 draw), so if someone was to hear the severity of the score it'd be a surprise - however, having seen the performance last night it was far from it, outclassed Pats all night. The players seemed to be enjoying themselves, and we played some great football. Joeybecomes more of a god each and every time I see him play! :) Delighted!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

johnos wrote:
    Hope is about all we've got. I think a draw would be amazing.
    Amazing. I honestly was expecting a drubbing.
    Pity we couldn't keep the pre-sending off performance going after O'Callaghan (rightly) walked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Had a feeling Foley would start and he was not awful but looked well off the pace and seeing how we have done without him expected Johnny mac to go to Tolka and play the normal good defence not the made up on the way over one.

Shels were just too good and Ryan was Motm.

There were 5 or 6 0-0s last night btw odd stat.

kdjac

Advertisement