Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New router for Jozi, shuld i be able to get one of BT

• 26-06-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I've been with bt (iol at some stage) for about 3odd years, on highest package all the time, used their briliant usb modem for about 3 weeks before getting a proper router.
    Fast forward to now, router frequently locks up and needs power cycling to get going again so i think it might be a little broke :(

Can i ask BT for a new one is this a dead end quest for a freebee?

Any advice on a decent but not to costly router with a few lan ports and wireless?

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Chances of getting a free one is slim I'd say but it's no harm in asking. You could try the "gimme a free one or I'll switch to another provider" threat but I doubt even that will work.:)
    You can also upgrade to their wireless router for 40euro. Pretty good one by all accounts and also has 4 ethernet ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What their router like? For 40 euro i might just try and get that of them, beats paying double or more.
    What's to modem like, anyone here use it and recomend it?

Jozi

Advertisement