Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buggyboards

Options
  • 26-06-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Has anyone used a buggyboard with a buggy ?

We have a mclaren hi-tech buggy that is not compatible with the BB.

If you are using a buggyboard and don't have any problems with balance or fitting can you let me know what make of buggy you have ? Cheers !

CK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

ciscokid wrote:
    If you are using a buggyboard and don't have any problems with balance or fitting can you let me know what make of buggy you have ? Cheers !
    CK

I don't actually have one, but a friend of mine does and swears by them. She has a Mamas and Papas 3 in 1, and bought the Bboard in a branch of Smiths toy store. Most of McClarens buggys are quite narrow I find, so I can see why it might have been a problem.

If you are going to replace your McClaren, I'm sure a shop assistant wouldn't mind you trying it on for size with the buggy you intend to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ciscokid

cheers for that. You can now get something called a buggy pod. Might be a workaround if I want to keep the mclaren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I bought one two weeks ago in Smyths. My boy is 3 but has the build of a 4 to 5 year old, so even though the assistant says that the board can take up to a 6 yr old, it just seems a bit flimsy for him. Do not get me wrong it is a very clever idea but the child on the board cannot stand up straight because it will not extend out that far. I suggest that you take your buggy to the store and get them to put it on there and then. Then test it out to see if your little one can stand on it comfortably and if you can walk with it easily. HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

I have a M&P pliko pushchair and the buggy board fits perfectly with this. bought it in Cork....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ciscokid wrote:
    cheers for that. You can now get something called a buggy pod. Might be a workaround if I want to keep the mclaren.

http://babyboom2000.co.uk/products_images/buggypod.jpg

looks like the buggy pod could onely take kids up to a certain age..i doubt a kid of 4 up could use that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

ciscokid wrote:

CK

Anyone I know who had one stopped using it because it throws out the pusher's posture, making it uncomfortable to push for any distance. Maybe thats only some designs I dunno. Also the toddler always wants to be on it instead of walking.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I found it broke my stride so it was ditched. Let them walk ;)

Advertisement