Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Land registry fee

Options
  • 26-06-2006 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I just got the bill from my solicitor and the cost of land registry fees was 630 euro, is this what it costs for a new apartment?

Comments

Seems fine. If you're getting a mortgage, that costs 125 + 25 + 6.

The apartment will be 375 if 51k - 255k, 500 if 255k - 385k, and 625 over that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I've been told that since its a new apartment the fee is 85, the cost of the apartment doesn't come into it. so i'm just wondering where the other 500 is going.

Noelie wrote:
    I've been told that since its a new apartment the fee is 85, the cost of the apartment doesn't come into it. so i'm just wondering where the other 500 is going.

Sorry, mea culpa, it's 85 for a lease and you're not getting freehold.

Would look for a breakdown. Pehaps the solicitor just made an error.

i think ours is a freehold now that you mention it

You sure? Most apartments are leasehold, 'flying freeholds' are very rare.

Either way, I'm sure your solicitor will be happy to provide a breakdown and not take offence at a reasonable enquiry.

• Advertisement

I'll need to check but i'm though our solicitor mentioned freehold when we were signing the contracts, either way we have to go back in to sign the deeds i think, i'll ask him then.
    Thanks for your help Conor

Advertisement