Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems switching to Smart Telecom

• 26-06-2006 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

8 weeks ago I gave smart telecom a cancellation number after I got rid of eircom broadband. At the time I was told it would take 'Up to ten days'. After 10 days I phoned and was told it takes up to four weeks. After the four weeks I phoned again and was told it could take another four weeks (by a downright rude cust serv agent BTW). Anyway here I am 8 weeks down the line and still no broadband. I'm at my wits end at this stage. Two firends of mine who never had broadband before were up and running inside a week!

I have three questions please;

Is this a common experience or am I just downright unlucky?

Should I now go to comreg and spill my guts to them?

Is there something else I could do/someone I can ring?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

A sad dialup Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

I'm waiting since beginning of April to change to Smart from another broadband supplier, i.e. almost 3 months. Apparently the DSL line is active, but I'm still waiting for delivery of my free modem, which is, ahem, "in the post"...

Hang in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gremlin, pop over to their support forum (http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/) and post there. Maybe one of their techs will find an answer for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

ohh I must post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Update: I phoned Smart today and was told that they now couldn't tell me when my changeover can be effected:eek:

I've emailed the customer service supervisor expressing my displeasure!

Lets see what happens. If nothing is forthcoming from that, methinks comreg needs to be informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Took me 7 weeks to switch from Eircon to Smart and after posting on the above forum i got results quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 krajicek

we've been waiting for 'smart' connection for 5 months after all they just told us that that copper of our phone-line is not good enough. so we've cancelled the order and went to digiweb. connected 2nd day after order. good enough. smarttelecom guys always say they will call/mail but never do. f**k 'em

kr

Advertisement