Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a paint shop?

Options
  • 26-06-2006 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking at getting a different bumper and maybe some colour coding done, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good (and preferably affordable) paint shop in either the city centre, or South Dublin/Wicklow areas?

thanks,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Howya Eoin

There's a fairly reputable one down Percy Lane just off haddington road, not sure how expensive they are but they deal in serious marques (e-types, astons and I've seen a few ferraris). But they hadn't a problem doing my little corsa when I had it, sorted it in a day. Knocked out a huge dent in the bonnet (wife got angry and threw a breeze block on it) and resprayed for 300 irish at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use Crofton Motors in Sundrive - great quality work - maybe not the cheapest but imo bodywork should be top quality. Call them on (01) 492 1833 - get a quote at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks for the recommendations guys, will give the two of them a shout and see what the craic is

Eoin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Eoin,

Shane O'Brien in Blacklion may be a bit more local for you, he's near Tesco in Greystones.

He did a great job on the Father-in-Law's car, (metallic silver paint job, perfectly matched).

His number is 01 2873017.

Eoin,

Shane O'Brien in Blacklion may be a bit more local for you, he's near Tesco in Greystones.

He did a great job on the Father-in-Law's car, (metallic silver paint job, perfectly matched).

His number is 01 2873017.

Mike,

Thanks for that - is that the BMW place? would be perfect if so!

Eoin

• Advertisement

No, that's Blacklion Motor Works, of whom I know nothing, other than that they import BMWs from Northern Ireland and sell them on.

This guy is up near the Vet in Blacklion.

No, that's Blacklion Motor Works, of whom I know nothing, other than that they import BMWs from Northern Ireland and sell them on.

This guy is up near the Vet in Blacklion.

Grand so - will give the guy a shout and get a quote. Thanks again Mike. Pint waiting for you in Script if it works out!

Eoin

Yeah!

Maybe folks will turn up for the next one!

Actually, I may give Shane a call about my bumbers. There are scuffs on the driver side of the front bumper and passenger side of the rear one. If we're looking to sell the car soon, it might be worth getting these done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

carcraft.ie are good too

make sure whatever bumper u get is a genuine bmw one, those fibreglass ebay things are crap crap crap and will need repainting every 6 months

Cyrus wrote:
    carcraft.ie are good too

make sure whatever bumper u get is a genuine bmw one, those fibreglass ebay things are crap crap crap and will need repainting every 6 months

Do carcraft not do more scratch repair than full bumper jobs?

Thanks for the heads up on the eBay stuff - will go for genuine parts as recommended. In fact, I found a place that do the painting before they ship it, so I may just get my handles and rubbing strips colour coded over here.

• Advertisement

car craft do it all i got two wings and a back bumper done on my alfa to tidy it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

how are carcraft price wise

seem good but depends on what needs doin, for painting generally 130 a panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

exclusive autobodies in bray are the shniz i used them in my last job more than once and have done for a few other things too. perfect results every time.

gstonesmx5 wrote:
    exclusive autobodies in bray are the shniz i used them in my last job more than once and have done for a few other things too. perfect results every time.

Thanks - I have used them on other minor stuff actually, brilliant place.

Advertisement