Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sound card

• 26-06-2006 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a decent sound card for recording mixes on to my laptop ? its a new dell inspiron 1300...

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

I have this pcmcia card: http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/firstlook62.html
    Absolutely fantastic and has mutiple outputs too. Expect to pay about €100 for a good quality card like that. USB ones might be cheaper.

I am going to get this next: http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Built in soundcard and is the perfect laptop/dj tool although i dont think it works with VirtualDJ but i use Traktor myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭rasoul

thanks man, do you know where i can buy this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

chern0byl wrote:

for the love of al that is holy dont buy it

behringer are utter utter turd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

rasoul wrote:
    thanks man, do you know where i can buy this?

Which one lad? The sound card or the mixer? You can probably order the card directly from creative.ie but i got mine from ebay and saved about €30.

Yeah Helix, the BCD is absolute muck just like a tout i'd say. I did a bit of research on it and opinons are not good on either functionality or the soundcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I thought using a pcmcia card all the time is bad for a laptop ,
    the heat that them cards bring up sometimes almost melts the plastic.

Also is it not better to have a usb type card in case of spikes .

I've had decks connected to pc's since around 98-99 ,
    And generally they're fine but static can build up now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Helix wrote:
    for the love of al that is holy dont buy it

behringer are utter utter turd

I disagree, Behringer have a reputation for making decent budget equipment. Won't be the best in the world though, of course.

I second the vote for the Creative Audigy II PCMCIA, I had one for ages and you should be able to pick one up for €100. Its cheap and cheerful and will do everything you need it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JakeLuxor

rasoul wrote:
    can anyone recommend a decent sound card for recording mixes on to my laptop ? its a new dell inspiron 1300...

thanks

'Mixes' as in DJ sets or your own music that youv slaved over for years?
    If its your own music invest in a decent soundcard and stay the **** away from anything by Creative (though they are fine for video games or just listening back to music downloaded off the internet)
    There are plenty of soundcards out there with far better ad/da converters than those of Creative for the same price and indeed some cases lower!
    Just my two cents :)

http://www.myspace.com/hybrasil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cornbb wrote:
    I disagree, Behringer have a reputation for making decent budget equipment. Won't be the best in the world though, of course.

no no

they have a reputation for making decent quality budget items that are almost impossible to balls up

such as line mixers and patch bays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Chance the M-Audio stuff if you're looking for an external solution - I found it very solid anyway

Advertisement