Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia app: error

• 26-06-2006 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

When I try to sent a app: to my Nokia 6680 I get a installation security error. This happens with several programs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Vodafone?

I tried installing stuff on my friends voda 6630 and voda 6680 - same problem.

I have never had any problems installing software on sim-free models or even models from other networks apart from voda so I'm assuming its an issue with the network and restrictions. Maybe try getting the latest nokia firmware flashed to remove the voda branding?

This is, of course, assuming you're using a voda phone....

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

No i am on 3. But i am sure same problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Nothing to do with you're network lads. I was getting this too with my N70. All it is, is a security setting on the phone. Here's how to fix it..

Menu>Tools>Manager>Options>Settings> Set Software Installation to " On " And also set " Online Certif. check " to : off.

Basically the phones default settings is set to install nokia recognised applications, and if they dont carry the nokia certificate, They wont install. Turn this security feature off and it should work for you's now. Worked for me.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

Cheers HungryJoey. Got sorted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Good Good. Hope this works for other people too...

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

HungryJoey wrote:
    Nothing to do with you're network lads. I was getting this too with my N70. All it is, is a security setting on the phone. Here's how to fix it..

Menu>Tools>Manager>Options>Settings> Set Software Installation to " On " And also set " Online Certif. check " to : off.

Basically the phones default settings is set to install nokia recognised applications, and if they dont carry the nokia certificate, They wont install. Turn this security feature off and it should work for you's now. Worked for me.

Hj

This did not work with my friends Voda 6630 or 6680, hence I assumed it was some sort of firmware related restriction....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

I've had a vodafone 6680,had to do the same make sure "software installation " is on

Advertisement