Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear?

• 27-06-2006 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

We're having a party in our house this Saturday for my dad's 50th and i have no clue what outfit to wear. It's an evening do with food and drink, indoor and outdoor (weather permitting), 150 ppl... i was going to go all nice in a skirt or dress, but then my sister comes along and says she's probly gonna wear jeans... so im confused!! i do think jeans are too casual, but seeing as im just at home maybe a dress is too dressy??

Any advice welcome!! (i'm 21)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't think your dad is going to care too much. Wear jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Your dad might appreciate you making the effort to dress up.
    I say go with your gut instinct !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

what? no, i dont give a **** what my dad thinks. lol!! he doesnt care at all!! it's just the whole usual, what to wear to such and such a party, that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

You Can wear jeans anytime. It would be nice to go to some effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Why dont you wear a dress and dress it down a bit with jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Buy a dress. I bet you any money that while your Dad may say that he doesn't care, he will be secretly chuffed if you get a little dressed up and ladylike on his behalf. Dads always like to see their daughters looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah go for a nice skirt and top! Jeans are boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

you could wear jeans with heels and a nice dressy top and then u wud still look kinda dressy but not ott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

thanks for the opinions guys. Headin to Cork tomorrow so think ill fit in some dress-shopping!! :)

Advertisement