Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Modem Return?

• 27-06-2006 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

HI All,
    Hope this is the right place to post this. A neighbour of mine recently got their broadband dosconnected, when she got her next bill from Eircom the broadband charges were still on it, she was told she would have to post the modem back to eircom. I was under the illusion that you got to keep the modem? Does anybody know what the story is with this? I am moving in a couple of weeks and will have to get disconnected myself and would like to know what the procedure is.
    Thanks In Advance.
    B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the broadband forum would get a better responce i think

i'll move it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

sham69 wrote:
    HI All,
    Hope this is the right place to post this. A neighbour of mine recently got their broadband dosconnected, when she got her next bill from Eircom the broadband charges were still on it, she was told she would have to post the modem back to eircom. I was under the illusion that you got to keep the modem? Does anybody know what the story is with this? I am moving in a couple of weeks and will have to get disconnected myself and would like to know what the procedure is.
    Thanks In Advance.
    B.
    Ring them to cancel. Then...
    Eircom T&C wrote:
    7.4 On termination of this Agreement for whatever reason,
    the Customer shall return to eircom within fourteen
    (14) days of such termination any ADSL modem, the
    use of which may have been supplied to it pursuant to
    clause 4.2(b) by eircom as part of the Facility. In the event
    of failure by the Customer to return such modem it shall
    become liable to pay to eircom such charges as are set
    out in the Regulation as being payable in respect of
    such failure.
    It's a freepost address. I can't think of it but it was included with the modem when you got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Thanks Keizer.
    Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I had it in my head that I was told when I signed up that I could keep the modem for some reason...
    Thanks Again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The best and simplest options with queries such as this is to simply ring Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

sham69 wrote:
    Thanks Keizer.
    Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I had it in my head that I was told when I signed up that I could keep the modem for some reason...
    Thanks Again.
    Eircom have different offers at different times. Some of the offers may have incuded a modem that was your to keep, but unless you have copies of the original offer terms, you'd be better off assuming that you have to return the modem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement