Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madrid to sign Adriano and an English player?

• 27-06-2006 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Real Madrid Presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz has sensationally announced that he has agreed to sign Inter striker Adriano.

“I have reached a deal with [owner Massimo] Moratti to sign Adriano if I am re-elected as President of Real Madrid,” he told Radio Marca.

“We have agreed a swap deal for a couple of players with Inter. Two will arrive from the Nerazzurri, I’ll also sign a Portuguese player and an Englishman.

“I’m ready to present the contracts on Thursday to prove to people that we have obtained these results.”

Adriano has been linked with the Spanish giants for some time and may be on the verge of an Inter exit.

He didn’t enjoy a great 2005-06 where he struggled for goals, as well as having problems with boss Roberto Mancini and some teammates.

It now seems that an exit is on the cards if Sanz, who recently attempted to buy Parma Football Club, wins the race for the Real hotseat next month.

If Inter do opt to sacrifice Adriano then it is expected that they will subsequently agree terms with Fiorentina over the capture of Luca Toni.

The two clubs have started talks for the Italian international and a fee is likely to be agreed after the World Cup Finals.

At this stage, it is unclear which other Inter and Real players may be involved in the deal supposedly brokered by Moratti and Sanz.

There is the possibility that Raul or old-boy Ronaldo could arrive.
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun27e.html

Adriano said he's happy at Inter but I think he'll certainly leave this summer. Who could the English and Portuguese players be though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Eglish player could very well be Ashley Cole. Has a year left of his arsenal contract and i cant see him signing another 1 so the arsenal will sell him.

The portugese player could be Christiano Ronaldo. I think its fairly well known that he wants to play for 1 of Spains big clubs at some stage and with United set to struggle to win back the premiership again i think it could be him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Lads seriously, it's pre-election time and it's getting very very tight. Real Madrid are about to be linked to every single player under the sun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

PHB wrote:
    Lads seriously, it's pre-election time and it's getting very very tight. Real Madrid are about to be linked to every single player under the sun.

Yeah I'd agree with this. Mind you if he has something in writing its hard to come back.

Toni and Ronaldo at Inter sounds good. But I'd rather sell Martians and keep Adriano. Real can keep Raul!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Adriano would be perfect for Real, join their fat, lazy bunch of under achieving stars. He'll be the next Cassano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

C Ronaldo:

"I have told my agent I am prepared to leave. I want to do it in the best manner possible," Ronaldo is quoted as saying by Marca.

"I want to play for Real Madrid and dream of doing so.

"I have gone with Villar Mir's project because it is serious and follows correct procedures.

"They have explained to me their plans and the next step is they will talk to Manchester United to open negotiations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Yeah the only problem i have with those qoutes is they are in Marca!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    C Ronaldo:

"I have told my agent I am prepared to leave. I want to do it in the best manner possible," Ronaldo is quoted as saying by Marca.

"I want to play for Real Madrid and dream of doing so.

"I have gone with Villar Mir's project because it is serious and follows correct procedures.

"They have explained to me their plans and the next step is they will talk to Manchester United to open negotiations.

Where did you get that from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The quote is from the Marca paper in Madrid.

The guy who says he is going to sign Ronaldo also said he was going to sign Wenger, which Wenger instantly dismissed.

The Elections are on Sunday and it's close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

PHB wrote:

Totally agreed with this but with a new president is going to come some very very big signings.

Hello all the soccer forum lads in koh tao now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

English player might just be Woodgate- whenever he does play again- it will be like a new signing. Saying that I'd say it will be Ashley cole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you mean they are going to resign a player that plays about 20 minutes and scores an own goal?
    :)

From the Inter web site

I think its all talk

Advertisement