Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flag Football In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

Numbers are looking good for sunday we could do with one or two more people to get a second team for the day so we could play a full game. 86!

Hi all, been a while since our last training session but we are having one tomorrow at wadelai park glasnevin at 10-12. newcomers more than welcome. any position and fitness levels. let me know if you are interested Jason 86!

Hi all, The 86ers are looking to get a few more players, so if you are interested please let us know. any fitness levels and any positions. Don't worry if you dont know how to play we will show you and its a bit of fun.

Hi all,

The 86ers are organising a meet for vets and rookies, this will involve a training session and 5 on 5 game. This is open to all newcomers and the more down the better. So if you are interested in coming down and trying flag football out or if you want to get back into it let us know.

Saturday 30th 11am Wadelai Park, Glasnevin. Behind the Matt Weldon pub.

We have all the flags and balls but we recommend a pair of football boots

Busses that service are the 4, 9, 11, 13, 17a or if you need directions please ask.

Just 5 days to go till our vets, rookies meet

So if you are interested in giving flag football a go or want to get back into it let us know.

Both men and women are welcome down with any experience and fitness levels.

user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif

• Advertisement

Just 3 days to go till our vets, rookies meet and we only need a few more players to make it a great morning!

So if you are interested in giving flag football a go or want to get back into it let us know.

Just 2 days to go till our vets, rookies meet and we have over two teams worth of players! but we can still have more people!

we would like to thank all the players that came down and played in some of the wettest weather imaginable, also a big shout out to the Rivervalley Raptors for coming down to make up the numbers.

We will be arranging another meet in the coming weeks so if you are interested in coming down and giving flag football a go get in contact.
    86!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Alright lads, the Dalkey Dinosaurs would be looking for a game in the next few weeks if you'd be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Any flag teams interested in getting a game together soon? (5-a-side)
    We're based in Dalkey, Dublin and we have a nice even pitch to host games, pm me if you'd be interested,
    Thanks,
    DDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

IceFjoem wrote: »
    Alright lads, the Dalkey Dinosaurs would be looking for a game in the next few weeks if you'd be interested?

hey lads, sorry to jump in! Could the two of you fill out this form when you get a chance!! http://nfl-ireland.com/teams-directory-listing/

thanks

IceFjoem wrote: »

I'll pass on the request and see what we can get organised think one of the lads has some contact numbers.

hey lads, sorry to jump in! Could the two of you fill out this form when you get a chance!! http://nfl-ireland.com/teams-directory-listing/

thanks

Did it yesterday bp, Hope its all alright need anymore details let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Rivervalley Raptors

Is this a team out in Swords? Never heard of these.

jester1980 wrote: »
    Rivervalley Raptors

Is this a team out in Swords? Never heard of these.

Its one of the lads brothers tried to get a team running but it hasn't really gotten off the ground as of yet, we will be going in with them for mixed training sessions everynow and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

How would one go about setting up their own Falg team and organising games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

How would one go about setting up their own Falg team and organising games?

Find 5+ guys, Buy some footballs and some cones and some flags and get bibs or buy cheap t-shirts or jerseys and hey presto a team :D

Contact TITAN #1 or find all the flag teams on Facebook.

CoachTO wrote: »
    Find 5+ guys, Buy some footballs and some cones and some flags and get bibs or buy cheap t-shirts or jerseys and hey presto a team :D

Contact TITAN #1 or find all the flag teams on Facebook.

haha bingo, bango, bango.

Is there a list of rules whereby teams in Ireland. I've read so many variations. Wouldnt mind attending a competitive match if any teams are playing give a heads up I'll trall FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Is there a list of rules whereby teams in Ireland. I've read so many variations. Wouldnt mind attending a competitive match if any teams are playing give a heads up I'll trall FB.

Sent you a pm and as far as I know these are the rules they follow:

http://www.eurobowl.info/download/IFAF_Flag_Rules_2011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I've merged the flag football threads so in future can all recruiting threads and conversations about Flag football be contained within this "Flag Football in Ireland" thread.

• Advertisement

yeah these rules look up to date although half of them wouldnt be enforced unless there is refs from the contact down and even then they aren't up to date on the flag v contact rules. most of the time at tournies a team not playing refs or spare players off the teams do.
    CoachTO wrote: »
    Sent you a pm and as far as I know these are the rules they follow:

http://www.eurobowl.info/download/IFAF_Flag_Rules_2011.pdf

to tell you the truth you will only keep 5 guys interested for so long and the odds of you getting them every week are nil, we have 14 people on our contact list and still find it difficult to get people some weeks (work commitmensts etc) were always looking for players if you want to give it a go by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Where would you get information about upcoming games? Just to see it being played.

Would love to play full contact but dont have the time to commit to it.

It is a bit difficult to find out even for teams at the moment. There isn't an official league timetable so its run on teams setting up tournaments or one on one games. both the 86ers and Dalkey are looking into setting up tournaments by the end of the summer. for the moment all we can do is promote it ourselves through facebook and boards. but keep an eye on this page and if the teams have anything coming up we will encourage them to post it here.
    Rochey18 wrote: »
    Where would you get information about upcoming games? Just to see it being played.

Rochey18 wrote: »

I'm putting a list of teams together, its going slowly but keep an eye on it!

http://nfl-ireland.com/irish-american-football-teams/

Seems like its very hard to keep it sustainable. lack of intereset, interest but in contact or have commitments and not able to attend.

I'm currently floating about the idea of setting up a team myself with a friend. Just for a few games as the summer goes on and see what happens. I currently have 6 definites and thats only after one conversation.

I realise to take it to the next level would be tough but woudl appreciate if anybody coudl direct to the help regards flag straps, bibs/cheap custom jersey's and footballs. I found a football on Argos seems like the right size would this be ok for practice games?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there would be enough demand for a flag website? you know to list upcoming events/ matches, teams recruiting, rules etc. not to take away from the stellar work bp has done with his nfl ireland page or the post here but seems to be a lot of questions or should i say a lack of information out there. I'd be talkin a wordpress page or something. just an idea.

the 86ers will be holding a small training session at wadelai park Glasnevin at 11am tomorrow if anyone is interested in coming down and giving it a go.

Jason, I'm happy to donate a page on the site for whatever info you need/want to put up. let me know if you think it would help!

• Advertisement

thanks bp, Ill talk to the lads in the mornin and see what they think would be good and what to put up etc. think a list of upcoming games (when they happen) is a must.
    Jason, I'm happy to donate a page on the site for whatever info you need/want to put up. let me know if you think it would help!

Advertisement