Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flag Football In Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

I'll pass on the request and see what we can get organised think one of the lads has some contact numbers.

Brilliant, we'd pretty much ready for a game in as soon as 2 weeks, I've pm'd you some details anyway, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hi Lads,

Does anybody know of any free sites I can use to create a playbook? Like a glorified Paint even would be handy.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Hi Lads,

Does anybody know of any free sites I can use to create a playbook? Like a glorified Paint even would be handy.

Cheers.

I use Photoshop to create a template and then its easier to move players around. There is software you can get thats free when im home I will send you a link.

CoachTO wrote: »
    I use Photoshop to create a template and then its easier to move players around. There is software you can get thats free when im home I will send you a link.

That would be excellent. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if you think this would be any use to you I could set up flag formations:

http://chalkboard.nfl-ireland.com/

• Advertisement

if you think this would be any use to you I could set up flag formations:

http://chalkboard.nfl-ireland.com/

That is actually brilliant. If you were to do it for 5v5 would be great. (without asking for too much maybe add in RB Flare and Arrow)

That is actually brilliant. If you were to do it for 5v5 would be great. (without asking for too much maybe add in RB Flare and Arrow)

cool, I'll have a look at it while the game is on tonight - it's a bit temperamental so if you have any issues let me know!

added in the formation and the flare.

added in the formation and the flare.

Thats great work BP. Fair play to you putting it together. Used a couple of printouts from it last night at practice.

it can be temperamental so let me know if you have any problems with it! or if you have any other suggestions you would like to see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

Just a reminder that the 86ers are always looking for new players, both men and women from 16 up, any fitness level, for any position. so if you wanna come down and give it a go get in touch. we should have a good few games over the coming months exciting times hopefully ahead! we train on Saturdays 11-1 (some Sundays/bank holiday Mondays) at Wadelai Park, Glasnevin (by dcu). so if you fancy yourself the next Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Adrian Peterson or even Randy Moss, get in touch! or check us out on facebook.

Those of you who have been down for us and still want to come down can you pm me your number again as I have lost a load of my contacts. thanks Jaosn.
    Just a reminder that the 86ers are always looking for new players, both men and women from 16 up, any fitness level, for any position. so if you wanna come down and give it a go get in touch. we should have a good few games over the coming months exciting times hopefully ahead! we train on Saturdays 11-1 (some Sundays/bank holiday Mondays) at Wadelai Park, Glasnevin (by dcu). so if you fancy yourself the next Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Adrian Peterson or even Randy Moss, get in touch! or check us out on facebook.

Great scrimmage tonight in Kilbogget park between Ballybrack Bears and Dublin City 86ers.

Shoutout for new recruits for both teams. Bears are in Sth County Dublin(Ballybrack/Cabinteely) The 86ers based in Glasnevin.

Been a while since I posted, but seeing as it's recruitment season why not!

The Dublin City 86ers flag football team will be holding a training session at Wadelai Park, Glasnevin, just off the Stormanstown road from 11-1 on Saturday the 22nd. So if you love American football but don't feel like full contact is for you come on down and give it a go. All fitness levels, positions and experience welcome. check us out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/DublinCity86ers

Jason 86!

the 86ers will be in wadelai park Glasnevin tomorrow from 11-1 holding a training session for anyone interested in coming down. This is very close to Dcu for new students who wish to come down and see what its all about and join in. We are also looking for contacts within the college to help re-establish the relationship the team had with the college for several years.

Hi all, here are some photos from Saturdays training, we got a great day for it and we are gearing up for the start of the season. We are always looking for people interested in coming down no matter what experience or fitness levels.

Hi can all Flag teams send me a pm? I want to try put together a list of active or semi active teams. pass this message on if you know a team. thanks Jason Dublin City 86ers. (working on a Tournament)

Hi all, I sent around an email to the contacts the League gave me if you got this can you reply? if you didn't can you send me an email address. we also want to know the interest if we set up a tournament for the end of november (maybe thanksgiving weekend) if we get enough interest we will. we already have one or two teams interested so lets try make it a good weekend for football! jason Dublin city 86ers

Hi all,

I'm most likely going to contact the teams that have been in contact with me tomorrow but the 86ers are considering hosting a Tournament the end of November first weekend of December. we would need at least 3 teams to confirm before we go getting pitches (looking into all weather) so if you run a team and want to take part get in contact. also if there are any individuals or groups who would like to come down we will encourage it and we will either get u with a team or something. Jason 86ers.

Hi guys,

The Dublin City 86ers are considering holding a tournament around Thanksgiving , this would be the 24th November or the1st December the way the year falls. We need expressions of interest for this within the next week or so, so we can start organising pitches etc. We are hoping to use all weather pitches so we don't need to worry about the chances of the pitch being unplayable. We feel thanksgiving could be a great way to promote the sport. we would at least 3 teams to confirm for this to go ahead we will try keep costs minimal but the more teams the cheaper it will be for everyone (all weather pitches cost more).

If your team is unable to make these days but would like a game or two get in contact also as we are looking to get as many games over the next few months.

we would use the 2011 ifaf rules for the event
    http://www.eurobowl.info/download/IFAF_Flag_Rules_2011.pdf

the only changes we would recommend would be

the play clock put back to 30 seconds (we have been training with 25 and it slows the game down as delay of game is called every 4th play!)

Towels allowed to be worn by centre (its Ireland its going to be wet!)

the more elaborate the TD celebration the better

if everyone agrees to this then they will be used.

Can you reply to jasondeans1@gmail.com

Thanks,

Regards etc,

Jason Deans, Dublin City 86ers

• Advertisement

The 86ers will be training in the morning with 2 full teams worth of players and some subs! this will be a great opportunity for those interested to come down and see what its all about! if you bring your boots we can even get you in on a play or two. we will be training 11-1 at the field beside stormanstown road glasnevin. 86!

The Dublin City 86ers will be hosted by the Maynooth Phantoms this Saturday at 12 in Maynooth college. This should be the start of a busy couple of weeks for Flag football. If you are in Maynooth and want to come down and see what Flag football is all about feel free to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The Dublin City 86ers will be hosted by the Maynooth Phantoms this Saturday at 12 in Maynooth college. This should be the start of a busy couple of weeks for Flag football. If you are in Maynooth and want to come down and see what Flag football is all about feel free to join us.

Just to add to this, it will take place on the practice pitch in the college. It's towards the back of the north campus beside the Gaa and soccer pitch. Should be good!

Hi all,

The 86ers have organised a tournament for the 1st of December at Albert College park Glasnevin (beside dcu)kicking off at 12pm. this would be a great day to come down and check out what the sport is all about if you are interested should have 6-7 teams. If you bring boots we will try get you in for a play or two! Poster attached!

The first annual Turkey bowl will be held tomorrow at Albert College Park, Glasnevin (beside dcu). we have 8 teams confirmed so it should be an amazing day! if you want to come down and see what flag football is all about we would be more than welcoming!

The first annual Turkey bowl will be held tomorrow at Albert College Park, Glasnevin (beside dcu). we have 8 teams confirmed so it should be an amazing day! if you want to come down and see what flag football is all about we would be more than welcoming!

Whats the format Jason?

looking at 2 group leagues with each group position playing the other group position if the games go smoothly. Light is against us though. min of 3 games a piece though
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Whats the format Jason?

looking at 2 group leagues with each group position playing the other group position if the games go smoothly. Light is against us though. min of 3 games a piece though

So 4th place playing 4th place and so on with the two first place teams playing for the prize? Sounds good!

long as light holds out and games dont drag out we should be looking at that yeah! if not I dont know coin flip haha!
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    So 4th place playing 4th place and so on with the two first place teams playing for the prize? Sounds good!

• Advertisement

long as light holds out and games dont drag out we should be looking at that yeah! if not I dont know coin flip haha!

Well as long as the final gets played, that's the main thing

Advertisement