Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superfakes - Football Fraudsters

• 27-06-2006 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

The Swiss v Ukraine match was so boring that I was flicking back and forward to this program "Superfakes" on Sky Two last night from 10-11. A class documentry outlining how a young Italian "Alessandro Zarelli" went to 3 different football clubs in Wales and Northern Ireland (Lisburn Distillery) claiming to be a young Italian superstar footballer but couldn't actually play football, and that he was on loan from Sheffield Wednesday and looking for a new club. Here is a write up about him on the BBC website back in Oct 05.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4326350.stm

I'm not sure when its on again but according to the Telegraph an episode is due on the Graeme Souness's wonderbuy "Ali Dia".......can't wait for that one!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/23/bvtv23.xml

Did anyone else watch this last night???

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I read about that before and it is mad how easily people can be taken in. Take Graeme Souness at Southampton for example, eith that guy who claimed he was George Weah's cousin (can't recall his name now). He played 45 mins before being hauled off at half time when Souness figured it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

That chap was as named above Ali Dia. He lasted all of 20 mins or so before being hauled off. That has to be the best one. I watched that show Football Fraudsters on Sunday night. Wasn't bad but scary the way football clubs can be douped so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You'd imagine a club would give a player like that a run in the reserves first. Wonder what Souness was thinking :confused:

Oh and that game last night was awful. I was falling alseep so put the game on the PC with the sound down and watched TV until the penos came. Even the penos were shockingly bad. Just my luck that I've tickets to see the Ukraine again...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

at least a training session or two . .

Advertisement