Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharp 550SH

• 27-06-2006 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hey, i just got one of these from vodafone after reading about it on the bargain alerts forum.

Two people on the thread refered to the quality of the streaming tv as great but the only streaming tv i can seem to get at is through vodafone live, downloading clips and the quality on those isn't good. There's an entertainment option in the menu with "Mobile TV" inside but when i try to open it, it says "Connection Unavailable".

I rang vodafone and the "tech support" guy on the phone said i must not be within a 3G covered area but i have the logo in the top left hand corner of the screen.. i told him that and he said "well if so, it should work.. if not, i shouldn't work" :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any expeirence with these phones? Any help at all would be great.

Thanks,

Wheelie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

yeah i find the same problem ... have phone about week now and first 2 days were good ... now i can sometimes get a good stream from sky menu on VF live .. seems best later in the evening ... after 9 pm ... cant be sure if its the phone or the usual too many users to connect ... the phone seems a bit dodgy too ... reboots a lot ... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

mine reboots when trying to access gmail (see bargain alerts ) but this resolves itself and works fine when i put in a bill pay sim...try changing the sim and see how this goes

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

will try changing sim ... also is anybody finding it hard to set a bookmark when browsing ... seems link it repeatly asks me to enter url or edit url and never saves ... and the warning about leaving VFlive soemtimes does not come up ... as i discovered after wasting 4 euro credit in google search in about 2 minutes ... battery life seems way better than my last mobile but the credit hurts ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

Had the phone almost a week and the tv has always been an unwatchable blocky mess no matter what time of day or signal strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I ordered one for my Dad a few days ago, tried to talk him out of it but he said a lot the lads at work had them, will see how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Im thinking of ordering one of these today lads, only €29 upgrade to me.:D
    I dont like all your comments abut them though, should i steer clear of one?
    Also does it cost you to watch tv and if so how much. Sorry for the ignorance but im not big into this stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

anyone know what the format of the streaming tv is? Is it 3gpp? or some new fangled .rm? Anyone got the address?

Advertisement