Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla Question

Options
  • 27-06-2006 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads

Looking for a bit if advice here and please no body laugh......:D

I'm in the process of building a site for an organisation I'm involved with. Using Joomla as the CMS and its all going bright and brezzy. Have installed a BB and a gallery along with the Community Builder and it all works and integrates after a bit of tweaking, so I'm not a total noob, but still have loads to learn.

My issue is when it comes to php/CSS etc. I've found loads of templates I like and have been experiementing with these. We are in the process of having a new logo designed, as we'll probably change our name in the next few weeks too (some more official and fancy). I have some draft logo's that I'd like to be able to add to the Templates to check out how they look overall etc, so my question is...how?

This is probably well easy, I'm assuming that I unzip the templates and change the PNG files? is this right, its just i don't wanna go fecking around with too much until I'm a bit more experienced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the site address is www.nursingstudents.eu cast your eye if you like and if any of you are more designy/aesthetically minded than me feel free to shout

cheers

Barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭matu

if you just install the template and then change the .png as you said and just rename it the same as the one in the template this will do the trick ( normally something like logo.png), you will then need to upload it into the image folder of the template with a ftp program ( maybe you have cpanel or a you can download a prgram called filezilla).
    Another way would be to just replace the .png in the zip file and install the template, but the first way would be best to test different kinds of logos with your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

cool thats what I thought. Cheers mate.

Did you have a look at the site? What did you think of the functionality etc?

The template itself may be changing, as new colour schemem may be introduced in next few weeks

Well at the moment it is the template that comes with Joomla, try jazzing it up a little and I think your away.

For me there was just to much reading I like images to take the stress of my brain and also to give me a visaul on what Im reading, but after all that is the kind of site that it is so it is ok.

Nothing wrong with the way it is layed out for content every link did what it said on the tin and I was happy with the positioning of things not much wrong there mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

cheers man
    thats what i'm going for, exactly what it says on the tin kinda thing.
    I'll be changing the template when we finalise the new logo, as the colour scheme will need to tie in with that, but thanks for the comments.

anyone got any advice or pointers on where i can find nice and professional templates? apasrt from Joomlaya where i have got some things......?

try here
    http://www.joomlahacks.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,41/func,select/id,22/
    I have a few below, but my advice would be to only use these as a guide line and modify it to your own style.
    just mess around with the layout and css a little until you have your own look and feel going.

http://demo.joomlahacks.com/index.php?jos_change_template=why_not
    http://demo.joomlahacks.com/index.php?jos_change_template=wds_biznes_01
    http://demo.joomlahacks.com/index.php?jos_change_template=aqua

• Advertisement
Advertisement