Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMS Settings.

• 27-06-2006 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Could someone help me, I am trying to send/recieve mms on my phone but the setting seem to be wrong, I have tried sending them from the O2 site and its still not working. Could someone post the settings for O2 pay monthly for a Sony Ericsson W550i, its driving me mad.
    Many thanks
    Sham....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go to Nokia Ireland, click the Wap and MMS settings link under Get Support and enter your info in there, should work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Cheers Ruu....

Went to the sony ericsson site, sent the settings to my phone.
    Cross checked them with the info on this site and all is ok but my mms are still not sending? I am not getting a failed error, they are showing up as sent but not sending. Anyone any ideas.
    Thanks
    Sham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

I've been with o2 for a few years and i've changed phones twice. I've always gotten the mmsn/gprs settings sent to me from the nokia site but they never worked.

Ring up o2 and tell them you've had the settings sent to you from the nokia site and they haven't worked, ask them to send you the settings themselves and keep them on the line to getting a test sent to you.. if i works great if not ask them if they can read you out the settings and the setup process.

That's what i've done in the past.

(Note, there's a chance they mightened have the settings for your phone, it depends on weither or not they support it.)

Cheers for the help, Yeah anytime I have had the settings sent to me they don't work. Its usually a case of going through the settings manually which is a pain but I suppose it will have to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hey im having the same problems, I got a N70 as a gift unlocked on O2 UK so all the settings were UK ones. I deleted the UK ones and asked O2 Ireland to send me 2 texts one for GPRS and one for MMS , I installed them but it still doesnt work. I called O2 in UK just to see what they said and they told me to check that I had a 3G Sim and not a MMS only SIM !! I looked at my SIM pack this evening and it says MMS so I guess I need to get a 3G SIM from O2 tomorrow.

When I bought the SpeakEasy SIM pack I told them that It was for a N70!!! Maybe thats why im having problems. Also when I try to access WAP by pressing the O2 smart key at top right it tries to connect but then comes up with an error saying ''http'' error connection terminated by the host!!!

Anyone know whats going on ????? I would be very grateful for any ideas. Are there any more settings I need to change other than the standard GPRS/MMS settings.

Advertisement