Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ebay?

• 27-06-2006 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey guys I was just looking at the designer bags on ebay and the prices seem to be too good to be true!I was looking at one of those dior bags that are designed like a saddle and the price was like E167 but the rrrp was like over E1000!these bags seem too cheap so do you think they are fakes??? also is there a charge for using paypal??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

Hey, I got a designer bad from ebay and it was a genuine article. it even had proof of authenticity in it, but still be careful. If in doubt email the seller.Then If they lie you have proof that you enquired.

Just be careful. I got some perfume from ebay. I emailed the selller asking if they were genuine & then when I got them they were fake!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Theres no charge for paypal. i buy stuff all the time from e-bay and didnt have bother yet. got a lovely purple adidas top this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Hey there, well it sounds like they could be fakes especially if the price is reduced that much, but then they could be last seasons? Mccoolcool gave good advice, best to email the seller and ask them whether their items are genuine or replicas.

By the way, I'd love to see the handbags in question! got a link? Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

its obv fake!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They havent been a member very long on ebay and have 11 feedbacks. You have comeback if they say its genuine and it turns out not to be and if you can prove it. They dont accept paypal though which is a pain.
    Just be sure to check the sellers feedback, the time they registered on ebay and check the description VERY carefully before you buy anything. Most should allow you to pay by Payal because then at least you can verify who the seller is and if something goes wrong then you can get help with that.

what bag did you buy????? was it very expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What?:eek: No sorry I didnt buy any bags, I dont think guys carry those sort of things around. Just giving a bit of advice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Gorgeous handbag... looks legit.

But, beware the seller is only a member since 11th May 2006, and although they have 100% feedback, their score is only 11.

Maybe they have loads of these handbags to shift and thats why they are selling them at such a discounted rate. The seller does state that the handbag is genuine, look under the title name:
    Serial Number , 100% Auth, UK Nextday Delivery

Maybe send them a message ask if they take a return if you not happy with it? Some sellers will do this.

sorry Ruu i was talking to mcoolmcool. Did i freak ya out???? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Go here to take a look at real Dior Gauchos (the saddle bag) and compare.

Dior on Eluxury.com

I think they are a little bit more difficult.

For example, the Dior Flight bag in Shearling:
    Dior Flight Shearling - ebay

This is definitely fake. First of all, the inside lining is black, not browny / yellow. See the third photo in of the D buckle - the two small hinges are balls instead of flat. The second photo in - there is a CD engraved on the lower of the two Ds. On the real bags, it is upside-down, on the fakes, they have it the right way up.

Authenticity cards - even if they have them, I wouldn't believe it's genuine for a second. They can make these up easily.

Thirdly, the price. That price is WAY too cheap to be a real one. The retail price for the small leather gaucho saddle bag is €895 (I think), never mind the medium one which is over €1k.

I'm not really too sure on spotting fake gauchos. I do know that some gauchos have two keys and medallions on them - one set on the front of the bag, and another set on the shoulder strap (but I'm not too sure what size).

What ya should do is go into BT in Dublin and take a look at them. Look at the inside lining, check the silverware on the bag, buckles etc. See if there is Dior / CD engraved anywhere, then request close-ups of the bag you see on Ebay. Bottom line is though, if you want the real thing, expect to pay a lot more for it that over a hundred euro.

Advertisement