Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephant and Castle Spicy Wings

• 27-06-2006 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Just thought after the talk in the recipe forum we might discuss where to get these tasty 'spicy chicken wings'... Not really interested in any alternative-style wing but I do know of 3 places that serve these exact wings...

Elephant & Castle,
    18 Temple Bar Dublin 2
    Dublin City
    Tel: +353 (0)1 679 3121
    - The original I think

Chatham Brasseerie
    Chatham Street
    Dublin 2
    T: +353 1 6790055
    - yet to go here, but am informed they definetely do them, and just looked at website, seems they do

&

Canal Bank Cafe
    146 Upper Leeson st,
    01 6642135
    - been here, purfect

All three places have similar menus and I wouldn't be surprised if the same people were behind them all.

Also there used to be a cafe in Malahide down near the fancy boats that had a similar menu and sold them too, but it only lasted a short while before it became a new restaurant (name I now forget)...

So does anyone have any other venue to get these wings in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

chump wrote:
    Just thought after the talk in the recipe forum we might discuss where to get these tasty 'spicy chicken wings'... Not really interested in any alternative-style wing but I do know of 3 places that serve these exact wings...

Elephant & Castle,
    18 Temple Bar Dublin 2
    Dublin City
    Tel: +353 (0)1 679 3121
    - The original I think

Chatham Brasseerie
    Chatham Street
    Dublin 2
    T: +353 1 6790055
    - yet to go here, but am informed they definetely do them, and just looked at website, seems they do

&

Canal Bank Cafe
    146 Upper Leeson st,
    01 6642135
    - been here, purfect

All three places have similar menus and I wouldn't be surprised if the same people were behind them all.

Also there used to be a cafe in Malahide down near the fancy boats that had a similar menu and sold them too, but it only lasted a short while before it became a new restaurant (name I now forget)...

So does anyone have any other venue to get these wings in?

Chatham Brasserie is, I think, run by Fitzers - not sure if you'd get them there as well?

I have a friend who's mad about the chicken wings in Elephant and Castle and also mad about the wings in Tribeca in Ranelagh. I've never been to Elephant and Castle though so can't say personally if they're similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Misty Moon wrote:
    I have a friend who's mad about the chicken wings in Elephant and Castle and also mad about the wings in Tribeca in Ranelagh. I've never been to Elephant and Castle though so can't say personally if they're similar.
    They are very similar and equally tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

The Harbourmaster pub in the IFSC does similar wings too. Espresso Bar has them as a starter but you get a measly 4-6 which is completely useless!!

Big fan of the Chatham Brasserie ones - I think they're better than E&C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

Add Vinny Vanuchi's in Malahide to the list.

Maybe the demi-chef demi-god got let go from the fitzers and went here to create his wonderous delicacies.

his verona spaghetti meatball thing is also marvellous - it's out on the early-bird recipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Luigi Malones do the best wings in Dublin imho; they serve them with an excellent blue cheese (I think) dip in massive portions, and they are seriously good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Elephant and Castle are great. Their baby back ribs are also delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I must try these wings sometime, I've been hearing about them for years. Are they really all that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

regi wrote:
    I must try these wings sometime, I've been hearing about them for years. Are they really all that?

IMO - Yeah, baby, yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

regi wrote:

There so good, me and my friends call them orgasm wings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Laika wrote:
    Luigi Malones do the best wings in Dublin imho; they serve them with an excellent blue cheese (I think) dip in massive portions, and they are seriously good.

this is obviously a false orgasm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

we call them heroings (heroin/wings)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Elephant and Castle Chicken Wings = Best Chicken wings EVER!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

STOP talking about the bloody wings...
    I'm drooling, and I have a wedding dress to fit into.
    Eating these wings ain't gonna help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sure they're tasty enough but am i only one who thinks that wings are a complete waste of time foodwise? there jus aint enough eating imo.

Advertisement