Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom update - Plumber/Tiler needed

Options
  • 27-06-2006 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Now I know all you lovely people are in brand spanking new houses (and stylish bathrooms) but as fellow Greystonians I'm hoping you can help me.

I am in possession of a 70s style avocado-green bathroom suite which I am looking to replace - and get the room re-tiled at the same time.

Could anyone recommend someone who might like to do it?

myhome.ie has a link to "Professional Tradespeople" in Newtownmountkennedy and they offer a bathroom refit service - has anyone used these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

I'm in the same boat, did you manage to get anyone to re-fit your bathroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Maj

'fraid not - still got "the green dream" unfortunately. it's been put on the long finger for a while but if anyone out there has any ideas I'm still interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 motheroftwo

Sorry i couldnt help replying - God love you. I recently got my a new bathroom suite installed by a very reasonably priced plumber, i was ringing around the numbers from the yellow pages and was getting crazy prices for installing a new suite, i got a great little company to work for me, very impressed they were called C&I Electrical and Plumbing (0879130768) I'm based in Dublin so your not to far away? Best of luck with the revamp:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 miselemeas

As I am stuck with the avocado for another while, would appreciate it if anyone knows where I could get a replacement front (long) panel for the bath please?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Chadwicks in Bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 shay123

[SNIP]

Shay,

Advertising on Boards in forbidden. If you wish to advertise, you can contact the admins who will happily provide advertising space for a small(ish) fee.

Have a read of the charter.

Regards,

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Hi Seamus Crowley! That is great to know, I must give you a ring. I take it you are a fully qualified electrician??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Some DIY wiring carries no shock risk whatsoever. Such as connecting extra phone or TV points. This is easy to do and can save you money. However mains electricity and water can be a very dangerous mix. There are special regulations that apply to the wiring in bathrooms, and there are sound reasons for them! Be warned! It is very easy for someone with little or no formal training to connect something up electrically so that it works, but to get it to work safely is quite a different matter.

Make sure any electrician you use is qualified, you will be charged as such if they are or not!! If in any doubt ask to see certificates. Qualified electricians for many years now are issued with a photo ID card from FAS when they qualify after being a full time apprentice for four years.

Advertisement