Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Complaints - Please post here

Options
  • 27-06-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Following upon my recent talks with BT and a further discussion with them today, we need to consolidate all the complaints into one thread. Could anyone who has an 'outstanding' problem, or a problem that was resolved but not to the customers satisfaction e.g: Not paid the full amount of the refund, etc,etc, please post their complaint here. We need to have a complete list of all outstanding complaints on 'Boards' and it can then be sent to BT. Believe it or not but BT are actually very interested in this new thread and have told me they really want to see it and to tackle any problems that show up on it immediately. Over to you Guys. !
    "Please" no grousing. Only Genuine complaints that are "still outstanding" or "unsatisfactorally" resolved. !
    In conclusion I tested out the 'complaints' telephone number today, which is a freefone number: 1800923923 as a normal customer with a complaint. It took about 40 seconds to be connected to the actual residential complaints dept and then another 20/30 seconds before speaking to someone. ! I think this is very good, so I waited a while and tested it again. Same result only better. Overall less than 60 seconds before I was speaking to someone. !

I assure everybody that if they post a genuine complaint here, that has not been resolved, it will be passed on to BT and I believe will get priority treatment.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Would it not be possible for BT to agree to deal with complaints that we send directly to them ?

Or is it proposed we post bland threads without the relevant details that BT need (eg phone number) and then wait for BT to contact us looking for the relevant details ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

Anyone can send me a message if they prefer. I will send those on to BT as well. Whatever anybody prefers is ok. I am just trying to help everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Would it not be better to ring that number ourselves? That's what I am going to do.

EDIT: Hold on, I just rang that number and got customer care?? I have been on to them enough times already. They said there is no complaints number just an email address. I just left it. I haven't the energy of going through CC again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If BT are so willing to deal with complaints, why are they fobbing the job off on an anonymous Internet user and Boards.ie?

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ken Shabby wrote:
    If BT are so willing to deal with complaints, why are they fobbing the job off on an anonymous Internet user and Boards.ie?

Lordy Ken , there is a new lad in charge and if he wants to fix the bloody thing his way then half the battle is to admit , however quietly , that there is a problem and to resource the solutions department a bit. The complaints department was a /dev/null bitbucket for a long time .

surveys took point a few months back, some movement was detected in the glacier recently and things cannot get any worse can they .

Lets revisit this in a month and if there is still no noticeable improvement then lets comment on that .

For the moment I would advise people with problems to do what surveys says and if the new arrangement does not work then do say so in this thread.

poor Valentia already got a fright when he heard those 'voices' in the hold queue.

• Advertisement

I ain't stopping anyone Bob, couldn't if I wanted to. Like I said before, BT have had ample opportunity to change and they haven't. I don't believe they can or will, and I'm just stating that opinion. Hopefully surveys won't go off in a huff this time, but that's not my call either.

adam

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I ain't stopping anyone Bob, couldn't if I wanted to. Like I said before, BT have had ample opportunity to change and they haven't.
    absolutely correct and right back to the ESAT days .
    I don't believe they can or will, and I'm just stating that opinion.
    I believe there is hope and that evidence so far this year (reductions in complaints) is patchy at best . Nevertheless I will accept that surveys has heard statements of intent from on high where all I ever got out of BT was 'Aggie'. So I am minded this time to wait till after the Galway races and after Mayo are bet to see what unfolds.
    Hopefully surveys won't go off in a huff this time, but that's not my call either.
    Can we all accept that surveys never misbilled you or DD'd you in error . If he does get listened to where I have dismally failed over many years to impinge on reality in there its Legends of The Boards time for him.

We will see, I won't look hard for evidence for a month , nor will I fall out with my old mate Ken over BT of all things :p You can call me a gob****e if I have misread their true intent this time and the long evenings will draw in inexorably and the fires will be lit .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

From a practical point of view how will Esat identify the customers who post here? did they not already say somewhere that they could not do this? (ie identify the customers?) and have they given any idea of their intentions for non boards customers?

I suppose what I am basically asking is is there a coherent plan to deal with existing complaints for all esat users and not just boards contributors?

and most importantly have they given any information on what steps they have taken to tackle two major issues - their billing system and the vanishing applications problem and while I am at it have they given any undertaking to behave like a reputable company in relation to the deposits issue?

Their (BT's) first test comes next week ! The 'Bills' are due out and I am told they have been working hard on them to get them right, knowing that it will be the first scrutiny, so this will be a little marker for 'endevour' if the bills get sent on time and are accurate. ? Hopefully I won't have to flog the PC to pay for mine and then I can continue to enjoy the posts on here. ? :D At least the good helpful posts. :p

Dub45..They didn't increase the Call Staff by 30 extra just because of Boards members. ! Its for the benefit of all their customers.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

surveys wrote:
    Dub45..They didn't increase the Call Staff by 30 extra just because of Boards members. ! Its for the benefit of all their customers.:)

All the call staff in the world wont be any good unless there is a coherent plan internally after all the Call Staff will presumably have to pass the complaints on for attention to somebody with the authority to actually resolve the issues?
    And Valentia appears to have failed to contact any of the 30.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I believe there is hope
    I don't doubt you do Bob, and I don't doubt surveys does too, I'm simply working off my own observations; namely that this new chap is saying exactly - not nearly, not almost, exactly - what the last new chap I discussed this with said. I believed the last chap too, I really felt he had his heart in the right place and that he was going to turn customer service and support around.

He didn't, by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't think that's because he didn't try, I think it's because it simply isn't possible. Whatever about the customer service and support issues, the billing issues are not going to be solved with hope and perseverance and blessed light, they'll be solved by telling the current vendor to take their pos 'solution' and cram it up their ass.

If this new guy's already did that, I'll applaud him from the rooftops. I'll also eat my hat.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

surveys wrote:
    Their (BT's) first test comes next week ! The 'Bills' are due out and I am told they have been working hard on them to get them right, knowing that it will be the first scrutiny, so this will be a little marker for 'endevour' if the bills get sent on time and are accurate. ? Hopefully I won't have to flog the PC to pay for mine and then I can continue to enjoy the posts on here. ? :D At least the good helpful posts. :p

Well I got the email this morning, "your bill is available to view online" and so forth. However the BT Ireland website is down.................as it usually is this time of the month

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I use BT anytime, I haven't received a bill in a few months now, I've had the sevice ~3 years ish and haven't paid a cent, not through any lack of trying.

I possibly owe in the range of €1200-€1300. I rang them asking could I pay it back over time. I was then put in touch with accounts and I could never get anyone there. They sent me out ANOTHER direct debit which I filled in and sent back. Yet again not one cent debited in the last few months.

I'm gonna be faced with an even bigger bill now than the last time.

This should be a test of common sense where a payment plan is agreed and delivered by BT (over DD in correct instalments if thats whats agreed) and with any rounding done with a one off payment so if it was €1321 you could pay them €121 now and the remainder would be like 6 x €200 on top of the normal bill. What happens if you get BB in the interim ??? Etc Etc.

Can you contact this 'new regime' in there and tell us if they are willing to play ball slaanesh and how does one get the €121 into them and credited correctly in this example .

Your contact will have to vary that DD down when the €1200 is paid in full so you will need to be able to contact them in 6 months or a year depending on the payback agreement.

Dunno if their online billing can show a 'workout' as its called. That will be interesting :D

I started this Thread in the hope that members with genuine complaints would post to it so that their complaint could be passed on to BT for some immediate action.This was an effort to help members with a real complaint who are annoyed, frustrated, and upset by a past inability to have their complaint dealt with efficiently and promptly. However, as it appears that this thread is now also just a moaning ground and is only going over again what has already been duscussed and argued about on 'many' other threads, it would appear to have failed in its intentions. ? The only genuine complaint seems to be from Slaanesh which has already been acted upon.Hopefully there will be more over the coming weeks, but even more hopefully this thread will cease to be a 'grumbling' ground but restricted to those genuine and unresolved complaints. ? "Hope reigns eternal" !

surveys, the world does not revolve around you; other people have opinions, and they're entitled to express them. Calling them "grumblers" is completely illogical -- this whole situation, including your work, was caused by people "grumbling" in the first place, we wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be talking to BT if it wasn't for them. Expecting them to stop grumbling just because you had a natter with BT is not just asking too much, it's plain stupid. People are pissed off, wtf do you expect?

Instead of whining about other people expressing their opinions, why don't you do the sensible thing and ask a moderator to split this thread into two discussions? Then you might get a reputation for being constructive, rather than someone singularly incapable of dealing with a massive corporation simply because you threaten to take the ball home if everyone doesn't play your game. Grow up, ffs.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

surveys wrote:
    it appears that this thread is now also just a moaning ground and is only going over again what has already been duscussed and argued about on 'many' other threads

Welcome to the Broadband forum where "My ISP SUCKS!" and advise based on opinion runs amuck.

:D:D I wonder just how I knew that you would jump in with both feet. ?? If you trawl for fish I suppose one should hope to catch a few, but not the same fish over and over again. ? :D
    "If the coat fits, wear it" !! I think its called 'thread hijacking' ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'll see what I can do, it's so difficult to know who to talk to and you just get bounced around the various departments.
    I've just bought a house so I now have buckets of debts, the last thing I need is a €1300 bill to be payed in full, argh.

Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

I cant register complaints with them online. Even though I get billed for broadband its not listed as a service on my account profile. Have this one issue where an ftp site which works great for friends in the UK is dire slow. Wanted them to change the route, they said that'll never happen and hung up. Couldnt believe how rude the guy was, complete a**hole! Might move to NTL if their sevice in my area improves...

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

If the guy was in the call center then ring and log a formal complaint.
    Or if you dont want to wait send a letter to the complaints department.
    Alternatively email the bastads! surveys should have the email address.

pugleon wrote:
    I cant register complaints with them online. Even though I get billed for broadband its not listed as a service on my account profile. Have this one issue where an ftp site which works great for friends in the UK is dire slow. Wanted them to change the route, they said that'll never happen and hung up. Couldnt believe how rude the guy was, complete a**hole! Might move to NTL if their sevice in my area improves...

If you want me to follow it up for you please let me have your BT account number, by PM. If you send it I will pass it on to BT's head of complaints. Could you please be a bit more specific. ? Your post is a little vague. ? Maybe its just me. ? :D

surveys wrote:
    If you want me to follow it up for you please let me have your BT account number, by PM. If you send it I will pass it on to BT's head of complaints. Could you please be a bit more specific. ? Your post is a little vague. ? Maybe its just me. ? :D

Any chance of asking him / her about the website as well?

I can't access it at home or at work, and its only around billing time it happens. I'd like to check my bill but every 8 weeks sure as clockwork the site is unreachable for me.

Anyone else with this problem or am I jinxed?

clubcrown wrote:

I can't access it at home or at work, and its only around billing time it happens. I'd like to check my bill but every 8 weeks sure as clockwork the site is unreachable for me.

Have just tried it and its ok. ?
    Did you use this URL ?
    http://home.btireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

clubcrown wrote:

They send out a "Your new bill is online" e-mail to everyone at the same time (I got mine today too), so everyone hammers the site at the same time. It's not surprising that the site is slow to respond today

I was able to get to my bill, it just took a few minutes longer than it should have.

surveys wrote:
    Have just tried it and its ok. ?
    Did you use this URL ?
    http://home.btireland.ie

Yup.

Tried the esat one too, but it times out for me every time. I prob won't be able to get into it tomorrow; and I'm on 3MB.

Its very odd.

clubcrown wrote:
    Yup.

Tried the esat one too, but it times out for me every time. I prob won't be able to get into it tomorrow; and I'm on 3MB.

Its very odd.

Its IE !! :) Use Netscape. ! I could not log on using IE so I tried Netscape and I was on it in no time. !

surveys wrote:
    Its IE !! :) Use Netscape. ! I could not log on using IE so I tried Netscape and I was on it in no time. !
    netscape...
    You mean firefox or mozilla?

No its not IE-dont be so ridiculous.
    I cant log onto their site today either.
    It takes an age loading the bt ireland dot com page and when you go to log in it just hangs...

So much for their IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

ive been with bt now for more than 6mths, i signed up in november and paid the 120 euro that they assured me would b refunded to my account after the 6 month contract , 6 months have passed and no payment into my bank acc has been made :mad:

Advertisement