Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Complaints - Please post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Hi Survey's,

I have a reference case number that I'll send you with my details on Monday, if my bill could be sorted out that would be great.

Thanks for co-ordinating the effort.

cheerio
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

So, shortly after sending Surveys my details I had a call from BT! They commented that they are following up from this very thread and are getting my issue resolved in the next couple of days.

This was a nice customer experience and it's needed, I hope that BT will continue to solve out all issues.

Cheers and thanks to Surveys.
    Howard

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Let us know how it pans out in the end Howard i.e when you get the next bill. We've all received those calls ..

If it works that'll be great and maybe Adam can make a note on telcowatch that the proper place to make a complaint regarding BT is via a 3rd-party internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 query23

Ihave a long story but will not bore people to read it-suffice to say that today Irang the dedicated number AND WAS CUT OFF TWICE-hoever I eventually got a guy whe may have solved my problem in the short term. I have however made it clear to BTthat no further sums of money are to be deducted from my bank account and that in future Iwish to have a paper bill rather than an on line bill. I WILL THEN BE ABLE TO READ MY BILLAND DECIDE IF IT IS IN ORDER FOR PAYMENTBEFORE PARTING WITH MY CASH.My last bill had a substantial overcharge which was readily agreed by BTbut when Iinitially sought repayment Iwas told the excess amount would be set off as a credit against my next bill. Additionally a substantial amount of arrears due to me since last November under a social welfare schemewas to be given the same treatment. Iam very unhappy with this company and will certainly be looking out for a different service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Just a short simple question which I couldn't find the answer of! "Who is surveys?"
    I went in for BT Broadband and Talk bundle which is 40 euros a month. I had to put down a security of 125 euros when I took this up! The minimum contract for broadband was 6 months and Talk had NO mimimum contract as it clearly showed on the website! Now after taking up the service I wanted to know how to cancel, after 6 months, and now they say its 6 months for broadband only! but for the bundle its a 12 months contract so no refund given! :( what the hell does this mean!? I never read it anywhere that it was a 12 months contract!? I actually took this up as we were moving house in 6 months! Any idea what this means!? I'm thinking the Customer Services chap must be off his head but then they are the only point of contact! What am I supposed to do!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

rash0001, surveys is a boards member who sent off a dossier of complaints to BT regarding their rip off billing system. Your right, on BT's web site for all three residential broadband options it lists a six-month minimum contract. Point this out to them again; contacting BT can be a bit of a lottery, some customer service reps know more than others lets say. Ask them have they recently changed the contract length. If your still not getting anywhere you may have to move on to customer complaints. Try complaints@btireland.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I've just posted this on the irelandoffline forums, I didn't realise this thread existed!
    Hey all,

Mam received a bill today for ~€600 from BT for their broadband service (not even a bill, a letter). She rang customer "care" who told us that bills had not been paid since july 2004 and that the amount quoted in the letter was the outstanding debt. To top it all off, the customer care rep asked us if we lived at a different address (he gave the house number and street name, to which mam politely informed him that we have lived at our current address for 18 years...).

I have come to realise that this is not uncommon among BT sufferees.

The account was set up to use direct debit to pay each bill. The CC rep said that the last bill paid was 21st July 2004. So at least we know that at some stage the DD was working. The account that the DD comes from was never changed, so why did it stop all of a sudden?

It boggles the mind as to how a company like BT Ireland can let their customers not pay bills for two years and not notice

No bills were ever received, it was assumed that they were being paid in good faith but this has not been the case.

What really bugs me is:

* How did the bill go unpaid without them ever noticing,
    * Why, after confirming our address, did the CC rep ask if we lived at another address,
    * How the bill works out to be ~€600 since 24 months at our bill tariff (€90 every two months) does not equal that amount.

I am now looking into different broadband providers with the view of cancelling the account asap. I do not want this to happen again. It should never have happened in the first place.

Grrr

http://www.btirelandsucks indeed.

Mam (or myself) will ring the credit department on monday to try and arrange the amount to be paid in installments but only after they provide a statement indicating where they are getting their figures from.

I am unsure of what else to do. I want to make my opinion known to them but don't know how. In another thread it was mentioned that an email should be sent to a mike maloney at BT Ireland and cc'd to comreg. Is this still a valid course of action? At least if ComReg know then something may happen to prevent this from happening in the future.

All the best,

Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ngk75

Hi Surveys. I'm not sure if this thread is still active in terms of getting BT complaints sorted. However, I'd really appreciate if you could forward my details to your complaints contact at BT. Quick summary of problem:
    - signed up 09/26 for BB + UK calls package (€45 per month)
    - BB never worked despite several tech support calls (no DSL Led ever..)
    - Line has still not been transerred from Eircom to BT. If I was to spend hours on the phone to UK thinking calls were part of my BT package -- I'd get a whopping bill from Eircom!
    - Cust Care say Eircom have rejected line transfer to BT (This has happened twice. On no occasion have I been contacted by BT to inform me. I only find out when I get annoyed enough to call BT again). Third application to Eircom is underway.
    - Despite zero service I've now received a bill for €290! (although the last customer care contact promised to credit part of that -- not sure how this was calculated..)

I will PM my account details. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

ngk75 wrote:
    Hi Surveys. I'm not sure if this thread is still active in terms of getting BT complaints sorted. However, I'd really appreciate if you could forward my details to your complaints contact at BT. Quick summary of problem:
    - signed up 09/26 for BB + UK calls package (€45 per month)
    - BB never worked despite several tech support calls (no DSL Led ever..)
    - Line has still not been transerred from Eircom to BT. If I was to spend hours on the phone to UK thinking calls were part of my BT package -- I'd get a whopping bill from Eircom!
    - Cust Care say Eircom have rejected line transfer to BT (This has happened twice. On no occasion have I been contacted by BT to inform me. I only find out when I get annoyed enough to call BT again). Third application to Eircom is underway.
    - Despite zero service I've now received a bill for €290! (although the last customer care contact promised to credit part of that -- not sure how this was calculated..)

I will PM my account details. Thanks.

Have sent everything to BT. good luck. Please let me know if you don't get action. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ngk75

Thanks to help from surveys and persistence with BT complaints, I've finally got working broadband and voice! Now just need to get billing sorted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have had lots of problems with BT over the past two+ years, mainly to do with billing and for the first year that I could not see any of my bills either online, and every time i requested a printed bill it would not be sent.

This caused them charge my credit card every two months with no way of me checking the amounts they where billing and for what.

Last year I also requested that my BB be upgraded to the 3MB service and to the Talk Plus package, currently I am on there high end package although the billing was mostly sorted I tried just recently to log into my account online and it does not accept my previously correct password, even the security question does not represent represent something I ever filled in.

Now I was just checking my broadband modem last night and I noticed that it is connected to the exchange in Navan, at the the following speed 2048 down and 256k up, and I have been paying for the 3MB broadband server for months and I am still only connected to the 2mb service. I'm certainly billed for the 3mb service though.

My current problems now are:
    BB connected at 2mb and not 3mb
    I cannot access my account online to check my bills.
    Printed Bills are not Posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lys

Hi

I stumbled accross your page while desparately trying to find any possible way to resolve my current issues with BT Broadband....I have a legitimate complaint if you're interested?

I'll keep a long and weary story as short as possible:

I'm a BT broadband customer, running a PC with Windows XP and an Imac running OSX (about six months ago I subscribed to the new Home Hub) and in February, yes February-its now June, my internet connection started playing up. It became intermittent, slow and a complete pain to be honest.

I spent the next 8 weeks or so on the phone to India and the technical helpdesk, each time following their set script and checking my own computer settings....every two days or so I would get a message to say my problem was fixed and they had closed the case......I then started getting tired!

Since then I have had my complaint escalated to the UK technical help department and a broadband manager (whom I now speak to about twice a day!..bless him).

I have had a BT line engineer out twice...line all clear.

I have had a new Hub

I have had all new wiring, microfilters etc and taken my computers to work where they are fine and had friends connect their pc's to my connection, where they have the same problem. So, over a week ago now BT technical help admitted the problem didn't lie with me or the line.

During this continueing saga, I have realised that BT couldn't find its ass with both hands. There are too many departments, who can't talk to each other (and are mostly unaware of each other). The staff are unable to put calls through, or even read notes attached to a case, or even add competant notes to a case! Can you believe they don't even have phone numbers!!!!!

Last week a lovely man in Dublin told me..."I've been working on this all day and we think we now know what the problem is".

"I now have no connection whatsoever" says I. "That's a good sign" he assures me, "It means they are working on it"

Cool, I think, at last light at the end of the tunnel.

Over a week on, and I still have no connection and nobody seems to know what the problem is. If anyone out there can help or advise, please do as I'm slowly going insane!:mad:

I just think its really unfair that these companies can get away with this. Joking aside its really really stressful, and of course BT are still nabbing their £60 a month from me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

in fairness to BT this thread has been about their dysfunctional billing not their functional technology

the billing / resolution has improved compared to what it was ......explaining the quiscience of this thread for some time.

you have managed to escalate and I would say that when they do get it going you will get some refund .

at the end of the day , BT are completely at the mercy of eircom for a lot of basic connectivity issues like the ones you described there and they have replaced all the suspect devices and sent two engineers out (were they actually eircom at BTs behest by any chance ????????)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i had problems with them to, it worked fine but i wanted to switch back to eircom, so after a big load of hassle got it sorted but then i got bills from BT, was taken from my account, when i rang to get it refunded cause i finished with them, only had broadband with them 3days of the new billing period and i was charged for 2months in advance, and of course its in their contract they don't refund advance payments! so they have 50 somthing euro of mine

just a note for anyone on BT when switching,, canceling might prevent this but you could be left without broadband for a few weeks

a couple of emails clarifying the exact moment you wanted the Bitstream Port Transfer process to start would be in order for anyone who wishes to move off BT so.

That applies to all operators though. There is a moment at the end of your last billing period when you should transfer. The emails clarify your intent and the precise moment in case of future dispute.

Lys wrote:
    Hi

I stumbled accross your page while desparately trying to find any possible way to resolve my current issues with BT Broadband....I have a legitimate complaint if you're interested?

I'll keep a long and weary story as short as possible:

I'm a BT broadband customer, running a PC with Windows XP and an Imac running OSX (about six months ago I subscribed to the new Home Hub) and in February, yes February-its now June, my internet connection started playing up. It became intermittent, slow and a complete pain to be honest.

I spent the next 8 weeks or so on the phone to India and the technical helpdesk, each time following their set script and checking my own computer settings....every two days or so I would get a message to say my problem was fixed and they had closed the case......I then started getting tired!

Since then I have had my complaint escalated to the UK technical help department and a broadband manager (whom I now speak to about twice a day!..bless him).

I have had a BT line engineer out twice...line all clear.

I have had a new Hub

I have had all new wiring, microfilters etc and taken my computers to work where they are fine and had friends connect their pc's to my connection, where they have the same problem. So, over a week ago now BT technical help admitted the problem didn't lie with me or the line.

During this continueing saga, I have realised that BT couldn't find its ass with both hands. There are too many departments, who can't talk to each other (and are mostly unaware of each other). The staff are unable to put calls through, or even read notes attached to a case, or even add competant notes to a case! Can you believe they don't even have phone numbers!!!!!

Last week a lovely man in Dublin told me..."I've been working on this all day and we think we now know what the problem is".

"I now have no connection whatsoever" says I. "That's a good sign" he assures me, "It means they are working on it"

Cool, I think, at last light at the end of the tunnel.

Over a week on, and I still have no connection and nobody seems to know what the problem is. If anyone out there can help or advise, please do as I'm slowly going insane!:mad:

I just think its really unfair that these companies can get away with this. Joking aside its really really stressful, and of course BT are still nabbing their £60 a month from me.

Hi Lys.
    Send an email to: Priscilla O'Regan <priscilla.oregan@bt.com> and tell her I sent you. ! However she looks at all postings that are Anti BT so she should be aware of your posting tomorrow. ! Nothing is guaranteed with BT so just write and hope. If you keep on writing though you should get a response. :)

Sponge Bob wrote:
    in fairness to BT this thread has been about their dysfunctional billing not their functional technology

the billing / resolution has improved compared to what it was ......explaining the quiscience of this thread for some time.

you have managed to escalate and I would say that when they do get it going you will get some refund .

at the end of the day , BT are completely at the mercy of eircom for a lot of basic connectivity issues like the ones you described there and they have replaced all the suspect devices and sent two engineers out (were they actually eircom at BTs behest by any chance ????????)

What functional technology. ? They cannot provide 3mbs so I had to revert to 2mb in the hope they could supply that but I am not even getting that and lucky if I can get 1mb. ! Functional, be damned. ! Calling Tech support a hundred times will not solve it. If its eircom's fault my money is going to BT not eircom, so BT should be able to provide the service that they offer and for which we pay them. !

surveys wrote:
    What functional technology. ? They cannot provide 3mbs so I had to revert to 2mb in the hope they could supply that but I am not even getting that and lucky if I can get 1mb. ! Functional, be damned.

surveys, the last person I advised whose BT line had dropped from 3mbit to 1mbit .....got back to 2mbit simply by unplugging his sky box.

If the technology is not in your house and interfering with the line then its the line ....which belongs to eircom and a DSL package sold by eircom to BT and which comes with a guaranteed minimum speed of 256k be it 1 or 3 mbits .

Anyway , you are technically minded and I am sure that you checked everything so I have no advice to offer you on problems with your line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 l33t-krew

I have broadband for 3 months. (BT)

Got charged 187 euros from eircom
    300 from bt.

im on their 3mb internet line getting from 10kbps to if im lucky 30kbps

my latency is 500+ using speedtest.net and my line attenucation

SL Status: Connected
    DSL Modulation Mode: MultiMode
    DSL Path Mode: Interleaved
    Downstream Rate: 1024 kbps
    Upstream Rate: 128 kbps
    Downstream Margin: 11 db
    Upstream Margin: 17 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 50 db
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 15.5 db
    Downstream Transmit Power: 0
    Upstream Transmit Power: 0

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

l33t-krew wrote:
    I have broadband for 3 months. (BT)

Got charged 187 euros from eircom
    300 from bt.

im on their 3mb internet line getting from 10kbps to if im lucky 30kbps

my latency is 500+ using speedtest.net and my line attenucation

SL Status: Connected
    DSL Modulation Mode: MultiMode
    DSL Path Mode: Interleaved
    Downstream Rate: 1024 kbps
    Upstream Rate: 128 kbps
    Downstream Margin: 11 db
    Upstream Margin: 17 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 50 db
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 15.5 db
    Downstream Transmit Power: 0
    Upstream Transmit Power: 0

Your line stats would suggest that your line is simply not capable of handling 3Mb - BT should be able to diagnose this and recommend that you drop to a lower speed. (That is presuming that there is nothing contributing to your problems within the house such as a sky box etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 cork_ie

Almost a year ago I signed up with BT for line rental and broadband '€35-00 a month.They had a direct debit on my credit card. From the very start they made mistakes in my billing , when I alerted them they billed the full amount again, then over refunded me.
    I rang and rang and rang them waited for days for them to return calls etc.
    Eventually I thought I had it sorted out and asked to go on the call inclusive package for €45-00 a month. Then billing stopped completely and no online bills displayed. Over the next 7 months I must have rang them 40 times. Got through about half the time and they said they would ring back etc but only did twice but always with a promise. I contacted Comreg a few times who I found worse than useless . Eventually I got a saucy letter from BT demanding €350-00. I spent days on the phone and two weeks later online bills suddenly appear.I discovered that they had never put me on the call inclusive package and they now deny I ever requested it. two months later I have just received a credit card statement they have taken €550 from my credit card account.
    Does anyone have a similar experience with BT? Any ideas where I should proceed from here.

cork_ie wrote:
    Almost a year ago I signed up with BT for line rental and broadband '€35-00 a month.They had a direct debit on my credit card. From the very start they made mistakes in my billing , when I alerted them they billed the full amount again, then over refunded me.
    I rang and rang and rang them waited for days for them to return calls etc.
    Eventually I thought I had it sorted out and asked to go on the call inclusive package for €45-00 a month. Then billing stopped completely and no online bills displayed. Over the next 7 months I must have rang them 40 times. Got through about half the time and they said they would ring back etc but only did twice but always with a promise. I contacted Comreg a few times who I found worse than useless . Eventually I got a saucy letter from BT demanding €350-00. I spent days on the phone and two weeks later online bills suddenly appear.I discovered that they had never put me on the call inclusive package and they now deny I ever requested it. two months later I have just received a credit card statement they have taken €550 from my credit card account.
    Does anyone have a similar experience with BT? Any ideas where I should proceed from here.

Here we go again:rolleyes: If I was you I would immediately contact my credit card company and explain the situation to them and ask them for a charge back. Apart from anything else BT (presuming that they gave you no prior notice of their intent to bill you) are clearly in breach of their obligations under the scheme.

All electronic payments have to be notified to the account/card holder otherwise it is an abuse of the scheme and the trust of the customer. Emphasise this to your cc provider. Also ask your cc provider is it possible to make a formal complaint about a company who abuses the credit card system in this way?

I would also write to BT (send it by registered post too) - and tell them that as far as you are concerned they have stolen money from your credit card account and that you will be making a formal complaint to the Gardai within the next 10 days if a full explanation for their actions, apology and refund are not received and a written undertaking not to debit you again in any form or method without your express permission.

Tell them also that you require a written confirmation from them that they have removed all of your credit card details from their records. Tell them that you wish to be invoiced for any amounts that they may consider to be outstanding in the future

The unfortunate thing for you in this case is that you appear to have no paper record at all (other than your phone records) of your dealings with BT.

I would also contact IPSO - they are 'responsible' for electronic payments in Ireland - www.ipso.ie. They are a mindbogglingly complacent shower who always tell me anyways that there is nothing wrong with their systems and they receive very few complaints!!! Admittedly their prime role is not to pursue complaints but the more they hear about the behaviour of BT and their likes the better for all of us.

Is there any other industry that is as mindbogglingly incompetent as the BB industry? They must be the worst advertisment for the use of technology anywhere.

We really should institute a boards.ie 'worst isp' award and publicise it to the newspapers - sadly the competition would be too intense:eek:

Does anyone have a similar experience with BT?

Please form an orderly queue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pedrominator

I opened a standard line rental £12 per month over 12 months about 3 months ago. At the time it took several weeks or phone calls to get them to connect.

They gave me some an account number on a new system. When the first bill arrived for £36 I tried to pay online, in the bank and on the phone. none of which worked. Eveyone I spoke to at BT said that it was not a BT account number and they couldnt help.

A second bill arrived and I tried again using the above methods. My phone was then disconnected.

Subsequent "Termination notices" have been received. Each time I try to pay using the above methods to no avail. The account number is a digit to long or short or doenst start with the right letter.

I got through once to a girl and I tried to pay teh £36 outstanding. She said that there was no such bill and that only $10.75 was outstanding. I paid that using a cc over the phone. No receipt was provided.

since then I have been sent a bill for £25.25 (the balance) and have tried to pay it using all the methods they have.

I call them daily on all 4 of their numbers. I email a complaint daily too.

This has been going on for 60 days. 240 calls and 60 emails and they havent replied.

All i want to do is pay the bill and have my line reconnected. What can I do?

I opened a standard line rental £12 per month over 12 months about 3 months ago. At the time it took several weeks or phone calls to get them to connect.

They gave me some an account number on a new system. When the first bill arrived for £36 I tried to pay online, in the bank and on the phone. none of which worked. Eveyone I spoke to at BT said that it was not a BT account number and they couldnt help.

A second bill arrived and I tried again using the above methods. My phone was then disconnected.

Subsequent "Termination notices" have been received. Each time I try to pay using the above methods to no avail. The account number is a digit to long or short or doenst start with the right letter.

I got through once to a girl and I tried to pay teh £36 outstanding. She said that there was no such bill and that only $10.75 was outstanding. I paid that using a cc over the phone. No receipt was provided.

since then I have been sent a bill for £25.25 (the balance) and have tried to pay it using all the methods they have.

I call them daily on all 4 of their numbers. I email a complaint daily too.

This has been going on for 60 days. 240 calls and 60 emails and they havent replied.

All i want to do is pay the bill and have my line reconnected. What can I do?

If I was you I would write to them again via registered post ( I would address my letter to the Chief Executive by the way) I would enclose a cheque for the outstanding amount and I would detail my experiences with them to date.

I would also take my business elsewhere - no company as mindbogglingly incompetent as BT continue to be deserves any business from anybody:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

I have decided today that I am going to switch back to Eircom. Bad and all as they are , i never once had a problem wiht billing. I have only received 2 bills on line from BT since I switched last September. I keep asking for Bills. I was over charged on the first bill by well over 100 euro. The bill i received yesterday has a charge of 163, showing deducted and no bill for it, but at least its gotten this months sort of looking right. I have had enough. Yeah they are cheaper but they have a monkey writiing up the bills. not worth it.
    and i was even advised on this group before i switched,watch the bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fifitrix

ok I am new to all this but I have to warn people of what Eircom and BT have cooked up. I received my usual bill from BT yesterday and was astonished to find that they had wacked on an extra €41.30 before VAT!!!
    For what I hear you say??? For them not cancelling my subscripition to Eircom.Net way back in September. When I changed to BT I was told that they had finalised my switch over and my husband even rang to make sure. However Eircom, when I phoned them had informed me that my subscripition could not be cancelled by a third party and I had to inform them in writing to do this.
    When I rang BT today they had told me that Eircom had made this known to them in the last month. Why had they not told me previously!!!
    I have refused to pay for this as I intially moved to BT for their broadband package so why in Gods name would I want to have Eircom.net dial up too!
    I asked to speak to a manager but was refused as the team were told that they were briefed not to direct this particular complaint to managers or supervisers.
    The girl I was talking to today let it slip that there are 750 customers affected by this and I am just one of them.
    I have highlighted this matter to Today FM and I have tried to log on to comreg but without any joy.
    As you can see I am very irate about having to pay for a service I did not need nor did I use.
    Any advice as the amount in question will be taken by direct debit soon and is their anyone else in the same boat????
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

fifitrix wrote:
    ok I am new to all this but I have to warn people of what Eircom and BT have cooked up.
    Dont be so stupid, if anything BT get messed around by eircom like the rest.

So now we are to blame Eircom for all the BT shambles. ?
    I think the comments, and the experiences of this member are FAR from stupid. !! I am sure if it happened to 'little devil' we would hear about it here in a big way. !
    Dont be so stupid, if anything BT get messed around by eircom like the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fifitrix

OK I have an up date for you. BT are blaming Eircom for this billing mistake and Eircom are blaming BT. In this stupid little game I am the middle man and I am getting pushed from pillar to post. However I have just talked to an Eircom rep and he has said that they have admitted responsibility and will be refunding customers with a written apology. Of course he could be just saying this to try and keep me sweet. I have no other choice but to pay for it and hope they sort it out between themselves.
    Do not think for a minute that I am letting this go though. Yes I will have to pay for it as I have a Direct Debit going out and I do have to pay for my calls provided by BT, but I will take this matter further and demand my money back along with a written apology!!!
    Wish me luck Im gonna need it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

surveys wrote:
    So now we are to blame Eircom for all the BT shambles. ?
    I think the comments, and the experiences of this member are FAR from stupid. !! I am sure if it happened to 'little devil' we would hear about it here in a big way. !

I did have a dial up account with a provider before and i placed a BB order with BT, but the hassles i had i ended up cancelling altogether and going to another BB provider.I had trouble getting my deposit back etc, but i did not once complain here about BT or anyother service. I cancelled the dial up service myself with the old provider as it was MINE and not my new provider responsibilty.
    fifitrix wrote:
    OK I have an up date for you. BT are blaming Eircom for this billing mistake and Eircom are blaming BT. In this stupid little game I am the middle man and I am getting pushed from pillar to post. However I have just talked to an Eircom rep and he has said that they have admitted responsibility and will be refunding customers with a written apology. Of course he could be just saying this to try and keep me sweet. I have no other choice but to pay for it and hope they sort it out between themselves.
    Do not think for a minute that I am letting this go though. Yes I will have to pay for it as I have a Direct Debit going out and I do have to pay for my calls provided by BT, but I will take this matter further and demand my money back along with a written apology!!!
    Wish me luck Im gonna need it

In fairness you should be paying your BILL and you should be writing an apology to eircom for your stupidy in not cancelling a dial up service with Eircom. Maybe if it was broadband you had with Eircom then i would understand, If i worked in eircom and saw your complaint, id laugh. I'm sure they get this all time and im sure they will pay out just to keep you happy.

I would say next time, dont expect anyother ISP to cancel your service or anyother you have in future.

Advertisement