Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Limerick - No new connections

• 27-06-2006 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just talking to an IBB techie who uninstalled my Breeze this morning, he told me IBB aren't accepting anymore new connections in Limerick!!

Apparently they're at capacity.

I actually thought the Breeze 1MB service had improved in recent months!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's improved because of the number of people that are cancelling the service. I know someone who was on it but cancelled in February because the service was so bad. The guy who took down the aerial (a contract worker based out of Cork I think) said they had been taking down 3 or 4 IBB aerials a day for the previous few weeks.

I noticed last month that the coverage maps for Limerick were no longer on the IBB website. I thought it was an oversight but obviously it was deliberate.

I'd say IBB must be loosing customers nearly as fast as Chorus. The estate I live in has no cable available, so everyone had Chorus digital aerials up. They've almost all been taken down in the past few months and replaced with Sky digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

jor el wrote:
    The guy who took down the aerial...said they had been taking down 3 or 4 IBB aerials a day for the previous few weeks.
    They're still pretty well represented around Raheen/Dooradoyle/Ballycummin areas-- just judging by the number of aerials.
    jor el wrote:
    I noticed last month that the coverage maps for Limerick were no longer on the IBB website. I thought it was an oversight but obviously it was deliberate.
    ...Noticed this myself when I wanted to check coverage of my new address.
    jor el wrote:
    The estate I live in has no cable available, so everyone had Chorus digital aerials up. They've almost all been taken down in the past few months and replaced with Sky digital.
    If you can handle losing C4, it makes sense to switch (€29.99 v €21.50).

From what I can figure, the best value on tv/BB/phone is:
    • Free line install from Eircom
    • Smart - €35
    • Sky - €21.50

Unless Chorus can trump €56.50 with a fully integrated bundle.

campers wrote:
    [*]Free line install from Eircom
    Woh woh woh, free install. /goes off to check eircom.ie.

Yep, Eircom are doing free connects. Now might be the time to see about a 2nd line to get Smart on and then go about cancelling BT. Must ring this evening and check this out.
    They're still pretty well represented around Raheen/Dooradoyle/Ballycummin areas-- just judging by the number of aerials.
    I see those too, a lot of Digiweb going up too though. I assumed, since the guy was based out of Cork, that the disconnects were from there and possibly other areas aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jor el wrote:
    Woh woh woh, free install. /goes off to check eircom.ie.

Yep, Eircom are doing free connects. Now might be the time to see about a 2nd line to get Smart on and then go about cancelling BT. Must ring this evening and check this out.
    NOT free second lines jor el, free connects of the existing wires and a number then allocated to it.
    I see those too, a lot of Digiweb going up too though.
    indeed, and Chorus cable BB is coming in the winter too.

6mbits down and 512k up for €40 a month.

No, they will do free 2nd lines too, but only if there was a 2nd line there previously (in-situ pr pre-cabled). For me, it'll be €122 as there wasn't :/
    Indeed, and Chorus cable BB is coming in the winter too.
    But only for houses that have cable connected I guess. There's none in my estate, unless Chorus are going to go wiring us up. Still, might do the 2nd line and transfer to Smart. Must check monies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Sponge Bob wrote:
    ...and Chorus cable BB is coming in the winter too...

If winter meant circa November, I'd wait for it; but it could just as easily mean February 2007:eek:

What else do you know about it Sponge Bob? Bundles? Geo coverage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

campers wrote:
    If winter meant circa November, I'd wait for it; but it could just as easily mean February 2007:eek:
    They are very schtum but I heard parts of Limerick will have cable this winter and yes Feb 2007 is this winter so do get a 6 month contract elsewhere in the interim.
    What else do you know about it Sponge Bob? Bundles? Geo coverage?
    Chorus have a website :D . Coverage .....God knows ...parts of Limerick with cable we will say .

Advertisement