Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection question

Options
  • 27-06-2006 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

It looks like the company I work for might fire me soon (unfairly I might ad). Needless to say I'm up the wall about it - mortgage & upcoming wedding to worry about.

I have mortgage protection with EBS - so I thought I might have a bit of leeway until something else comes along - anyone know how this works?

All comments appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Have a good thorough read of your policy. I doubt you will be covered if you are fired (unfairly or not). It might be better to leave due to stress related illness, or could you ask to be made redundant?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Make sure you're aware of your rights under the unfair dismissal legislation. If you feel that this is what awaits you, I'd suggest you start to compile a written record of any events which may "unfairly" affect your employment.

It's the employers responsibility to prove a dismissal is fair - make sure this is as difficult as possible by being able to give precise counter-arguments.

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/employment/losing_your_job/unfair_dismissal.html

Advertisement