Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite set

• 27-06-2006 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I remember getting lots of lego over the years but I will always remember the big Castle I got when I was about 8. It took me hours to build.

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=375-1

Looking at the picture now it seems smaller then I remember..

What was your favourite set?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

probably my train set... which i still have (all in working order, boxed et al). had a train engine with electricity, another one sans electricity and a carriage, as well as a platform and oval track circuit. i built a megacity of lego with all my random toys (space ships, star wars dudes, no one was exempt!).

ahhh the memories

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

This had to be one of my favs
    airport.jpg

And this would be second
    firesta.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I had (have) a police station and a big moon crawler (no longer have) which were my faves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Big ones I remember having where a medieval castle and a space shuttle, but my fave was definitely the petrol station i had. Quality stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The underwater one, without any shadow of a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Mine was the hospital ,loved playing doctors and nurses and of course my trusty train set that nearly broke many a neck on our landing. I disliked lego technic though, i never got into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

This was my favourite: http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=6416-1

I thought it was very grown-up because of the waiter and the cocktail glasses etc. I loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I had that one too! it was class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I had a set with a fire brigade, thats all I can remember though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh this one was my favourite. It had so many cool pieces such as the large canopy, pipes, lots of transparent pieces, huge wheels and more. Everything a small boy could wish for in a set.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i'm most definitly a technic girl. so my fav would be the massive space shuttle i still have. you could also make it into a submarine.

the shuttle rules, teh bay doors openned, teh arm came out w/ a satellite on teh end and a second smaller motor allowed teh panels on teh satellite to open :D the whole yoke is longer than my arm when made :D of and there was flashing lights run thruogh the engine jets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=381-1

Defo my favorite - loved it - had so much in it and a prison cell.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mine was the cop shop (although not the one already posted or one I can find on Brickset) or the fire boat which I added a motor to for added bathtime fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

delly wrote:
    airport.jpg
    definitely my favourite though i promptly converted it from a civilian facility to an airforce base. Finally had somewhere to station my rather extensive and impressive (if i do say so myself) lego airforce! set up AA gun and missile site around it, even converted the airlined in to an AWACS plane :D

Actually think most of it is still relatively intact in a few well preserved jacobs biscuit tins somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

agh! Browsing thru brickset brings back fond memories of many sets, each with their own highlights.

Like the first set that had "male hair piece" instead of a helmet or cap.

Or my first helicopter

Or this when I spent ages packing and unpacking the equipment in the back of the van

But in the end the set that brought be the most joy by itself was this:
    6382-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Had so many sets it's very hard to choose a favourite. The police station and hospital were great. I also loved Castle Lion

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=6080-1

I've fond memories of spending Christmas Day 1984 building it, right before I threw up because I'd eaten way too much turkey :)

Funny, it looks so tiny in the picture but it seemed huge to me at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

The islanders were my favourite type of lego!

this had to be one of my favourite sets!

6264-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Those pics reminded me I also used to have the fire station and airport.

I had the police van with the doors too...!

I always dreamed I would have a room where the floor was covered with a whole lego town I could play with for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

jrey1981 wrote:
    I always dreamed I would have a room where the floor was covered with a whole lego town I could play with for ages!
    Didn't we all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I loved this Lego boat. It really floated and Id kill to have it back again.

4031-large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Fort Legoredo

It was only deadly! Trap-doors, Rifles, jailcells, crates, amazing faces and loadsa cowboy hats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

delly wrote:
    airport.jpg
    My airport! :eek:

I'm now considering how to get back to Galway to raid the Lego box in my mum's attic and transport it all back up here to build it all in my room :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Some great sets here guys.

I remember wanting the police station but never getting it. I did however have the police van. I remember getting very excited about the walkie talkie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

now this thread is really made me sad :(

i want my pirate ship back...6285-1.jpg

and this castle set,oh...if only money can buy them back...
    http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/6081-1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This one;

001.jpg

Still have it too. Found it about ten years ago in the attic, along with all the rest of the very first space lego. Pretty much a full set. Only missing one of the individual space buggies. As a kid most of my lego ended up lost or thrown out. I kept all of these ones immaculate and in bags, including instructions and a couple of catalogues! I had a moment of being like comic book guy in the Simpsons. :D Didn't even remember doing it. Probably worth a few quid now. I'd never sell em though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

That Brickset website brings back a few good memories :D I was a big fan of the techic lego, my favourites where these two:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8855-1
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8862-1

Advertisement